Author Topic: Components menupoint  (Read 3114 times)

Artemys

• View Profile
Components menupoint
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »
Sorry if my question is stupid but what is the 'Components' menupoint for in the sailfish main menu? On Jolla there exists none like this. What can be configured here?

depscribe

• View Profile
Components menupoint
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:51:49 pm »
Quote from: Artemys
Sorry if my question is stupid but what is the 'Components' menupoint for in the sailfish main menu? On Jolla there exists none like this. What can be configured here?
Basically screen furniture and various behaviors. I have no idea why it's a separate application and I have left everything on default. It's not as useful as its name implies.

That's my observation, anyway. There may be some important secret function that I don't know about.
dep

Atari Portfolio (yes, it still works and yes, I bought it new)
Libretto 110 CT (with docking station and all kinds of PCMCIA stuff)
And, now, a Gemini and, fortunately, a GPD Pocket

Artemys

• View Profile
Components menupoint
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 04:30:34 am »
Quote from: depscribe
Quote from: Artemys
Basically screen furniture and various behaviors. I have no idea why it's a separate application and I have left everything on default. It's not as useful as its name implies.

That's my observation, anyway. There may be some important secret function that I don't know about.

Ah. Thanks. The thing caused confusion for me was that it is separated, yes. I went through the points, but found nothing interesting or useful. Thanks once more.

vader

• View Profile
Components menupoint
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 05:20:39 pm »
I think it is useful for porters/programmers to see what is available in the sailfish styled qml libraries. It gives you an idea of what is possible using just the built in libraries, and making the gui conform to sailfish standards.