Author Topic: Handy tip  (Read 7207 times)

smapmap

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 06:17:51 am »
Quote from: gidds
Doesn't setting the DPI so high make everything hard to see?
You can increase the font size in the settings

gidds

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 05:40:57 pm »
Quote from: smapmap
Text isn't everything, though.  Doesn't it also make icons smaller, buttons and other widgets harder to aim for, and everything generally harder to see?

(Remember that not all Gemini users are young…)
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

smapmap

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 05:52:52 am »
Text isn't everything, though.  Doesn't it also make icons smaller, buttons and other widgets harder to aim for, and everything generally harder to see?

If you use a Launcher like Nova you change icon size, text etc to suit. I haven't noticed any UI elements being unreadable to be honest but I guess it depends on how bad your eyesight is . The good thing is you can try it and if it doesn't work for you, you can always  g0 back to the original setting.

Murple2

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 08:02:25 am »

I've set the dpi to around 600 and it's been ok. the accuracy of the touchscreen is pretty good so i've not found any problems aiming for things. Sure, i've probably halfed the years of good eye sight I have left but it's better to burn brighter etc etc

smapmap

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 10:59:47 am »
Quote from: Murple2

I've set the dpi to around 600 and it's been ok. the accuracy of the touchscreen is pretty good so i've not found any problems aiming for things. Sure, i've probably halfed the years of good eye sight I have left but it's better to burn brighter etc etc

gymbo

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 07:26:02 pm »
Quote from: Murple2

I do believe I have "landed" on a setting of dpi=550. It moves the "back", "desktop" and "stop/splitscreen" buttons to the side of the screen again. (I really don't see any advantage of having them at the bottom of the screen, unless you want them "out of the way": Anything requiring use of the bottom of the screen is awkward because of the keyboard...) It is also the highest setting that allows "Agenda" to work properly. (You can make NEW appointments, and copy/paste existing ones, but you cant edit existing ones with higher setting...) And it still gives me proper "desktop-version" of some sites that didn't on my previous setting of 530.

DJO

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 12:52:26 pm »
Quote from: gymbo
I do believe I have "landed" on a setting of dpi=550.

I ended up on roughly the same more because I didn't like the amount of vertical space lost to the Android navigation buttons when they were at the bottom.

Tom D

• View Profile
Handy tip
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 03:51:31 pm »
Doesn't setting the DPI so high make everything hard to see?
After setting the DPI, increase the fonts size. This strikes a good balance for me.