Author Topic: Final call for TP3  (Read 21823 times)

FrankS

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2019, 12:23:36 pm »
Quote from: Adam Boardman
I think Nikita sent it to Davide a wee while back and its now on the new v8 partition tool: https://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool8.html

I've not managed to test it yet as I updated my Ubuntu on my desktop and it won't flash any more for me. I'm probably still working on other stuff for a couple of weeks but will probably get back to working on TP4 (buster based) in due course.

But it is without lvm support.

jornada720

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2019, 10:07:55 pm »
Quote from: FrankS
Quote from: Adam Boardman
I think Nikita sent it to Davide a wee while back and its now on the new v8 partition tool: https://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool8.html

I've not managed to test it yet as I updated my Ubuntu on my desktop and it won't flash any more for me. I'm probably still working on other stuff for a couple of weeks but will probably get back to working on TP4 (buster based) in due course.

But it is without lvm support.

Is it possible to switch to TP3 without reflashing? I don't want the Android 8.1 option based on the horror stories out of the Android forum.

Adam Boardman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2019, 04:47:01 am »
Quote from: jornada720
Is it possible to switch to TP3 without reflashing? I don't want the Android 8.1 option based on the horror stories out of the Android forum.

Just use apt? TP[X] is just a shortcut to the latest package updates and changes on the DebianTP[X] wiki pages.

mibry

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2019, 04:22:13 am »
I reflashed my Gemini over the weekend with the debian image from February (don't ask why it is a long story that involves Android 7). When I installed gemian-system the install fails due to a SSL certificate problem when trying to retrieve the system.img. The certificate has expired.

Adam Boardman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2019, 06:51:50 am »
Quote from: mibry
The certificate has expired.

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed.

mibry

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2019, 07:44:51 am »
Quote from: Adam Boardman
Quote from: mibry
The certificate has expired.

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed.
Thanks

mibry

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2019, 09:02:18 am »
Has there been and update on the best way to use the gemini linux as a phone for day to day usage? The problem I am having is battery drain. I did a search on power saving on this forum and there doesn't seem to be a central location or thread on power saving. Any thoughts? Has TP3 included some of the feedback from the threads on this forum?

Varti

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1148
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2019, 03:59:23 am »
@gabs5807:
I have moved your Gemian+SailfishOS install guide to a new thread (https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=35850), so that it gains more visibility and also since it was anyway a bit off-topic here. I hope you don't mind  

Varti
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:00:20 am by Varti »
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

gabs5807

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2019, 02:39:29 pm »
Hello,
anything new to Buster on Gemini PDA (gemian)?

I think at the moment there is many attention to Cosmo, but for the PDA it also would be fine to get an update to buster.

Is there also a kernel update in sight?
Planet released Android 8(.1?) for the PDA so there should be a newer Android kernel and binary blobs available.

May be with some Video Hardware support?
Looking youtube videos is really painful   .

Many thanks gabs5807
Amongst many other Computers and Phones i'm using a Gemini PDA WIFI+G4 and a Cosom Communicator both with German keyboard, all with SailfishOS and Debian ;-)

mithrandir

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mygnu.de
Final call for TP3
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2019, 11:03:12 am »
Quote from: gabs5807
Is there also a kernel update in sight?
Planet released Android 8(.1?) for the PDA so there should be a newer Android kernel and binary blobs available.
I think there has been no kernel upgrade with Android 8. Still having the Android version before here (using Linux only with the Gemini).
Can anyone confirm that with Android 8 there still is the 3.18 kernel. (from settings or running 'uname -a' in termux root shell)?

gabs5807

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Final call for TP3
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2019, 07:03:51 am »
Quote from: mithrandir
I think there has been no kernel upgrade with Android 8. Still having the Android version before here (using Linux only with the Gemini).
Can anyone confirm that with Android 8 there still is the 3.18 kernel. (from settings or running 'uname -a' in termux root shell)?
You are right. At the git there is only a 3.18 kernel ..
Amongst many other Computers and Phones i'm using a Gemini PDA WIFI+G4 and a Cosom Communicator both with German keyboard, all with SailfishOS and Debian ;-)

gabs5807

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: Final call for TP3
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2020, 08:48:49 pm »
I think Nikita sent it to Davide a wee while back and its now on the new v8 partition tool: https://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool8.html

I've not managed to test it yet as I updated my Ubuntu on my desktop and it won't flash any more for me. I'm probably still working on other stuff for a couple of weeks but will probably get back to working on TP4 (buster based) in due course.
@Adam Boardman, long time ago you wrote this ;).
I know you're very busy - but any thoughts making a TP4 (buster based) ::)?

Many thanks Gabriel
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:24:30 am by gabs5807 »
Amongst many other Computers and Phones i'm using a Gemini PDA WIFI+G4 and a Cosom Communicator both with German keyboard, all with SailfishOS and Debian ;-)

gemini_user_j

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: Final call for TP3
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2020, 10:59:19 am »
I think Nikita sent it to Davide a wee while back and its now on the new v8 partition tool: https://support.planetcom.co.uk/partitionTool8.html

I've not managed to test it yet as I updated my Ubuntu on my desktop and it won't flash any more for me. I'm probably still working on other stuff for a couple of weeks but will probably get back to working on TP4 (buster based) in due course.
@Adam Boardman, long time ago you wrote this ;).
I know you're very busy - but any thoughts making a TP4 (buster based) ::)?

Many thanks Gabriel

If such an update is in the making that would be amazing :)
Gemini PDA x27