Author Topic: Can't search contacts for names  (Read 3096 times)

jornada720

• View Profile
Can't search contacts for names
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:26:40 pm »
I've had this bug for a while but never wrote it down until now.

On my Android side, I have DAVx5 set up to synchronize contacts via WebDAV. They all appear in the list, however when I am in the phone dialer and type in a person's name, it literally never returns the results I expect.

So, for example, if I have a contact named Zirgo Fleham, and I type "zirgo," it will not show the contact in the search results. Oftentimes, it returns names that do not even have the search string in them.

This bug only happens in the Phone dialer, however. If I search in the Contacts app, then things work as expected.

I downloaded third-party dialer apps and they don't have this problem, only the default Dialer.

I just got a replacement Gemini and the bug exists on this new unit. I'm not running 8.1 though since I want to keep my root setup for now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:27:05 pm by jornada720 »

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 08:31:03 am »
Hmm, odd. I just tried to replicate this bug in Phone/Search and when I typed in "hann" , "Hannah" came up, which is the contact I'm looking for.

In fact, the search in Phone is better than the one in Contacts, since "hannah" will bring every contact that mentions her, even in Notes.

I wonder what's going on...

[I'm running Nougat]

Jake
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 08:31:28 am by jakfish »

jornada720

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 12:34:48 am »
Quote from: jakfish
Hmm, odd. I just tried to replicate this bug in Phone/Search and when I typed in "hann" , "Hannah" came up, which is the contact I'm looking for.

In fact, the search in Phone is better than the one in Contacts, since "hannah" will bring every contact that mentions her, even in Notes.

I wonder what's going on...

[I'm running Nougat]

Jake

What method are you using to store your contacts, is it WebDAV?

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:57:55 pm »
No, I'm just using Google contacts on gmail.

Jake

jornada720

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 12:37:27 am »
Quote from: jakfish
No, I'm just using Google contacts on gmail.

Jake

Weird. It seems like this may be a Gemini bug. I tested the same CalDAV server with DAVx on a Sony Android device and searching works fine.