Author Topic: Contacts list on cover display  (Read 2608 times)

TheBruce

• View Profile
    • http://
Contacts list on cover display
« on: January 04, 2020, 12:57:24 pm »
The A-Z icon in the contacts section of  the front cover phone app should allow easy access to all contacts, but my list stops at the letter J. The rest is not visible and therefore cannot be used from there. I have over 400 contacts in my  phone, most of them with multiple phone numbers, but to me it's really strange that the front cover phone app would not be able to show them all. Is this a bug that I should report, or is there a setting somewhere I haven't found yet?

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 03:12:33 pm »
Yes, that's a known bug; you're not alone. I'm not certain if it's been officially reported.

Jake

Wolfgang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 03:37:36 pm »
Quote from: TheBruce
The A-Z icon in the contacts section of  the front cover phone app should allow easy access to all contacts, but my list stops at the letter J. The rest is not visible and therefore cannot be used from there. I have over 400 contacts in my  phone, most of them with multiple phone numbers, but to me it's really strange that the front cover phone app would not be able to show them all. Is this a bug that I should report, or is there a setting somewhere I haven't found yet?

same here... ????
Also the favourites are not shown properly...

vldmr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:05:13 pm »
I have much less contacts, maybe less than 100, and my cover screen does not have any of the problems mentioned above - I can jump to any letter, all names are shown, including with international characters, favorites are shown correctly,.

spook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 09:30:48 pm »
I have a similar but not exactly the same issue. I have several contact accounts (one for work and one personal) and only one is showing on the COD. Although both are displaying fine in the contact app. Both are Exchange accounts setup exactly the same way, so I don't know why the COD is displaying one and not the other (and why it is choosing the one it is).

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 12:44:23 am »
I have between 300 & 400 contacts and I'm not seeing this problem.  
I imported my contacts by emailing myself a copy of an "All.vcf" file I'd created on my other laptop to my Cosmo, then opened the attachment in 'AirMail' and let 'Contacts' process it.  
I don't know about this known bug, or if the method I used is even relevant, but I thought it may help.

Edit:  Ignore me above, I'm seeing the same behaviour myself, no contacts on CODI beyond M.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:38:22 pm by MonkeyControl »

jakfish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 09:36:57 am »
Do you sync with Google Contacts? I wonder if the issue lies there.

Jake

vldmr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 12:13:41 pm »
Quote from: jakfish
Do you sync with Google Contacts? I wonder if the issue lies there.
I sync with google contacts with no issues