Author Topic: Question about planetcomputers order status and delivery time  (Read 4273 times)

plug4lyfebabe

• View Profile
Question about planetcomputers order status and delivery time
« on: January 13, 2020, 11:21:48 pm »
hi guys,  ive ordered the Gemini Leather Pouch from their official website store.planetcom.co.uk 4 days ago and still havent received any updates regarding my item..
ive checked the delivery times on their site and it listed 2-4 days to the US but the sales never replied my email..
and now im worried   because im about to leave the country in the next 3 days.. what should i do ?
did anybody here ever bought the pouch and how long was the delivery time? and hows the pouch quality itself?
thank you  any help will be much appreciated

idc

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 06:12:07 am »
Quote from: plug4lyfebabe
hi guys,  ive ordered the Gemini Leather Pouch from their official website store.planetcom.co.uk 4 days ago and still havent received any updates regarding my item..
ive checked the delivery times on their site and it listed 2-4 days to the US but the sales never replied my email..
and now im worried   because im about to leave the country in the next 3 days.. what should i do ?
did anybody here ever bought the pouch and how long was the delivery time? and hows the pouch quality itself?

I ordered the pouch a few months ago. I expect to receive it before the end of this month ... possibly. Planet have consistently over-promised arrival times. Before the end of January was the last thing I remember reading them promising regarding my leather pouch, and that was a few days or a week or more ago. But we were also supposed to have received a new firmware update by the end of last week and that has also clearly been held up. (Possibly by the row over installed spyware in the OTA updater.) I still expect these things will be delivered in due course, and with any luck the spyware will also be dealt with (ideally by being given the keys to the bootloader so that we can nuke android and install sailfish or linux). I've stopped worrying too much about when Planet will do these things.

I hope that helps.
Ian

plug4lyfebabe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:51:18 am »
Quote from: idc

I ordered the pouch a few months ago. I expect to receive it before the end of this month ... possibly. Planet have consistently over-promised arrival times. Before the end of January was the last thing I remember reading them promising regarding my leather pouch, and that was a few days or a week or more ago. But we were also supposed to have received a new firmware update by the end of last week and that has also clearly been held up. (Possibly by the row over installed spyware in the OTA updater.) I still expect these things will be delivered in due course, and with any luck the spyware will also be dealt with (ideally by being given the keys to the bootloader so that we can nuke android and install sailfish or linux). I've stopped worrying too much about when Planet will do these things.

I hope that helps.
Ian

Well that sucks  what take them so long to just make a pouch..
I better avoid them after this

idc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 12:02:45 pm »
Well that sucks  what take them so long to just make a pouch..
I better avoid them after this

I didn't mean to put you off so much. But with crowdfunded products one learns to take a more relaxed attitude towards fulfilment. Planet is actually not bad at delivering in the end. There are many crowd funded products that have far worse horror stories. If you search on the Gemini & Cosmo facebook fan page then you may find that others have bought off the shelf solutions to the pouch problem. That would keep you going until Planet get their act together. And I would *expect* them to get it to you fairly soon, as by all accounts they either have received from the factory or are expecting to receive them soon. Unless there is a problem with the quality delivered then there seems little reason that it shouldn't arrive soon. One reason I'm fairly relaxed about the length of time it is taking is that I'd rather they do a good job and check the quality than that they rush the job and deliver something which is of poor quality ...

idc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 04:48:00 am »
News in the latest Planet Indiegogo update says that they have take receipt of stock of the leather cases, so it looks as though their estimated delivery time for you wasn't so far out. Proof of course lies in its actual arrival, hopefully in a few days time.
All the best,
Ian

plug4lyfebabe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 06:44:39 am »
News in the latest Planet Indiegogo update says that they have take receipt of stock of the leather cases, so it looks as though their estimated delivery time for you wasn't so far out. Proof of course lies in its actual arrival, hopefully in a few days time.
All the best,
Ian

damn, thats the best news ive heard today!  Thanks! May i know which web u refering to? Might follow them there as well for their future product!

TheBruce

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 08:05:05 am »
You can read the project updates on Indiegogo here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...08#/updates/all

mithrandir

• View Profile
    • http://www.mygnu.de
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 04:49:15 pm »
All the best,
Ian
Well. I think the original question has been about the Gemini Pouch and this update is about the Cosmo Pouch (unless there has been another update, I am not aware of). So timelines might be completely different. Anyways I would not expect to receive it soon, since the Planet team is quite busy at the moment. Getting Cosmos delivered, firmware fixes, etc. ...

But eventually the thread starter will get his pouch, that is sure.

idc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 05:56:15 pm »
Quote from: mithrandir
Well. I think the original question has been about the Gemini Pouch and this update is about the Cosmo Pouch (unless there has been another update, I am not aware of). So timelines might be completely different.

You are quite right–my apologies for the mistake. No, no other update; simply my thinking that it was the Cosmo we were talking about.

plug4lyfebabe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 07:41:39 pm »
All the best,
Ian

Quote from: TheBruce
You can read the project updates on Indiegogo here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...08#/updates/all

All the best,
Ian
Well. I think the original question has been about the Gemini Pouch and this update is about the Cosmo Pouch (unless there has been another update, I am not aware of). So timelines might be completely different. Anyways I would not expect to receive it soon, since the Planet team is quite busy at the moment. Getting Cosmos delivered, firmware fixes, etc. ...

But eventually the thread starter will get his pouch, that is sure.

Well. I think the original question has been about the Gemini Pouch and this update is about the Cosmo Pouch (unless there has been another update, I am not aware of). So timelines might be completely different.

You are quite right–my apologies for the mistake. No, no other update; simply my thinking that it was the Cosmo we were talking about.

thanks god they sent my item already! But they didnt give me tracking number.. how am i supposed to trust em !??? Do u guys know how long does it take to deliver to LA via HKPost ?? (i choose the standard free shipping) and jesus... they dont reply messages at all.. are they THAT busy tho