Author Topic: Tap Payment  (Read 2086 times)

TheLonelyRunner

• View Profile
Tap Payment
« on: February 22, 2020, 10:11:17 pm »
Has anyone managed to tap pay with their Cosmo while closed? Payment works great but i need to have it unlocked with the device open.

Dickon Hood

• View Profile
    • http://
Tap Payment
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 09:26:46 am »
Nope.  And the weird thing about that is that the NFC is clearly working when the lid is closed: holding a creditcard anywhere near the thing -- such as when in a wallet in the same coat pocket -- causes it to chirp quietly to itself once every few seconds.  I thought I was going mad...

NormMonkey

• View Profile
Tap Payment
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 12:33:59 pm »
I've used a few different NFC pay services (Google Pay, Amex, MC, and my bank's Android app) and in some cases they will work from any screen as long as Android is unlocked, while in other cases they will only work if unlocked and the app itself is running in the foreground.  Either way, Android needs to be unlocked for every pay service I've ever tried.

I think this is normal behaviour for NFC payment services.  I'm pretty sure this is to prevent payment from a stolen phone.

Would be great if we could get it so that we could use NFC pay by unlocking from CoDi, but AFAIK unlocking CoDi doesn't really unlock Android.

Vistaus

• View Profile
Tap Payment
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 03:22:40 pm »
I only tried with my banking app (ASN Bankieren) multiple times, but no dice: the Cosmo needs to be opened. Not unlocked, just opened.