Author Topic: Error updating Codi  (Read 2159 times)

pavelh

• View Profile
Error updating Codi
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:38:44 am »
My Cosmo had  founded and succesfully downloaded new CODI version, but there is no way to flash it on my Cosmo. When I try to do it, after several seconds it says  "Error updating cover display!"
 An when I click on "Retry flash", after another several seconds the process repeats again and again.
 I  would like to know if it is some way my fault, or - possibly - whether  possibly the newer CODI version exists at all. Because if not - and my  Cosmo logically refuses to flash the same one - it would be fault of he  system..
 The common version of CODI running on my Cosmo is V.1.1.1.12.
Thanks anybody , who can help... PavelH at atlas dot cz
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:59:42 am by Varti »

maki.jouni

• View Profile
Error updating Codi
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 02:52:11 pm »
I personally updated it manually, by downloading two files from support page and moving them to Cosmo. I restarted Cosmo, turned off mobile data, wifi, bluetooth, and enabled airplane mode and do not disturb mode. Few times I still get error, but after few restart and reflash by manual option from CoDi update ,I was abel to update. Note, that you have to update both files.

http://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/L..._Cosmo_Firmware
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:02:18 pm by maki.jouni »
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

NormMonkey

• View Profile
Error updating Codi
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:40:20 pm »
This is a known issue with the CODI updater.  

Various other folks in this forum have noted that
* enabling Airplane mode and shutting down as many apps as you can may help;
* even still, it can take a few tries to get a successful update.

Personally, I turn CoDi off from the Quick Settings menu and then update.  I don't bother with Airplane mode or shutting apps down.  

This works well for me but not perfectly, meaning not every update succeeds on the first try but some did, and I haven't had to retry more than twice to update any file.  I've done two CoDi releases and each release provided two files to be uploaded, so 4 points of data isn't really enough to make a conclusion.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:41:35 pm by NormMonkey »