Author Topic: How to stop muting the call with my face/cheek?  (Read 3400 times)

drhood

• View Profile
How to stop muting the call with my face/cheek?
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:44:05 pm »
Hi All,

When I am on a phone call, the CoDi display does not dim or turn black when I have the Cosmo next to my face/cheek. If I don't angle the phone away from my face, I inevitably press the mute icon on CoDi display with my cheek and not realize it until the person I talk to asks 'Are you there?'

Is there a setting I have missed that enables the CoDi to go black when next to my face?

If not, what is the best way to send a request to enable to CoDi display to go black when I am on a call with the phone next to my face?

Cheers!

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 10:09:56 am »
I have ran into this a few times. Unfortunately, the only "fix" I have found for this has been to speak with the phone not hugging the cheek - keep it a few mm apart. I have tried if switching off CoDi at the start of call would help, but because it turns itself on if you touch any part of the screen, it won't work.

The ambient light sensor as far as I've understood is located adjacent to CoDi so it should be able to detect your head, but there just might not be an easy fix for this situation (e.g. if there's darkness). Maybe requiring some dragging movement to activate the various controls could be a solution.

I forgot to report this to planet...I guess I'll do that.

drhood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 04:39:21 pm »
Thanks for the reply Zarhan.

Would there be any benefit for multiple users to report it to PC? If so, is there a link? I recall seeing one but have not located a link for users to report issues to PC.

Cheers!

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 05:02:24 pm »
Quote from: drhood
Would there be any benefit for multiple users to report it to PC? If so, is there a link? I recall seeing one but have not located a link for users to report issues to PC.

The form is at http://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/C...Troubleshooting - I don't know if they really read it because it's just a smartsheet, not an actual (or public) issue tracker.

drhood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:41 pm »
Thanks Zarhan. I submitted the issue. Hope it is effective.

yowlingcat

• View Profile
Re: How to stop muting the call with my face/cheek?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2021, 05:14:19 am »
Isn't there a button to turn the CODI screen off - top left?