Author Topic: Phone failed. Only works when open on speaker  (Read 6764 times)

LinuxGuy

• View Profile
Re: Phone failed. Only works when open on speaker
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2021, 02:43:15 pm »
My Cosmo is now booked in for service, but have been advised that due to lockdown please not to send it yet.

Which is fine, I still need to move my data to another device.

But they have confirmed it is covered thankfully.
To me, they said its not covered, because mail arrived one month out of one year warranty :-( ... 70 Euros ...

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 04:20:50 am »
To me, they said its not covered, because mail arrived one month out of one year warranty :-( ... 70 Euros ...

Mine has already been repaired for this issue, so I may be in a new warranty period. Not sent it yet, only just cleared it of data so need to get in touch and make sure I can send it..

William

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 07:39:33 am »
Hello. But tell me please, what exactly is the problem? I have the same symptoms, but i don't want to send it to the manufacturer for repair. I'd better it to the service center here. So i want to know what is broken there (or soldered, or something else

adfh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 07:29:34 pm »
Mine's started doing this as well. So is the consensus that it needs to be sent in for repair?
Did anyone get told what it is?

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2021, 04:22:51 am »
Received word yesterday that mine has now been repaired & is on it's way back to me. 2nd time with same fault, but both under warranty.

I let Planet support know in Jan that the issue had reoccured (actually happened late Nov), but due to Covid & clearing my device down that took an extra few weeks. My suggestion, make them aware asap even if you need some time to clear it before sending. You have to wipe it before it goes, as it will come back blank.

Not planning on using it as my primary device when it comes back, aiming for Linux only I think (when I find some time..)

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 11:15:59 am »
Cosmo received back just now. All seems to be okay, was nice to get it back quickly.

LinuxGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 02:24:56 am »

Mine has already been repaired for this issue, so I may be in a new warranty period. Not sent it yet, only just cleared it of data so need to get in touch and make sure I can send it..
Got mine back repaired (3weeks) ... no charge ... everthing works well! Thanks to PC!