Author Topic: surrendering domain zaurus.org.uk - any takers?  (Read 2162 times)

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
surrendering domain zaurus.org.uk - any takers?
« on: August 31, 2021, 05:59:04 pm »
I've had the domain a long time but I've not had a Zaurus for a long time (my last working one was stolen long ago), so I was thinking it's probably time to give up the domain, ideally by handing it over to someone else who will run a website on it and host the downloads I've stored there a long time.

I checked the web access logs and the only access has been search engine bots.

I just don't want the domain to fall into the hands of advertising spam services.

There's four weeks left before it needs renewing. If you want it, create a login on Godaddy and I will get them to transfer it you your account.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: surrendering domain zaurus.org.uk - any takers?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 06:00:55 pm »
p.s. I'd even be willing to give you shell access so you could manage the website, by logging into my VM hosting the web service, until you sorted out your own host. I use lowendbox blog to find cheap hosting.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: surrendering domain zaurus.org.uk - any takers?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 06:34:41 am »
I think that the best solution would be to host the files and pages on our elsix.org account, since we don't to pay any hosting fee for that. Ideally we would have all the Zaurus-related feeds and webpages there, so that we have everything for the Zaurus in one place. I already have some archived pages hosted here on the OESF account, my plan is to move them to Elsix too. I still need to find a suitable CMS to provide a web interface for all this material, though. SeaFile looks promising, Nextcloud seems like overkill for a simple file storage interface.

Varti
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 06:51:19 am by Varti »
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!