Author Topic: Screen momentarily going full brightness when going to sleep  (Read 1299 times)

thephilsproject

• View Profile
Screen momentarily going full brightness when going to sleep
« on: December 07, 2022, 11:14:05 am »
Hi all,

My Astro flashes a white full brightness screen momentarily when going to sleep, if the brightness has been set super low. This is awkward as the only time I set the brightness that low is when going to bed - and just as I'm putting the phone down I get flashbanged by my Astro which is quite uncomfortable!

Has anybody else seen this?

Thanks, Phil

abliss

• View Profile
Re: Screen momentarily going full brightness when going to sleep
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 11:26:57 am »
Yep, my device does this sometimes too. But not all the time! I've been trying to figure out what causes it, but no luck so far. I wonder if it has to do with the light sensor and automatic brightness control? (but I keep that disabled...)

Dom (shymega)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 05:27:58 pm »
If one person could report the bug here (https://github.com/shymega/planet-devices/issues), I can bring this to PC's attention with my call coming up soon.

This is an _unofficial_ bug tracker, where I'm collecting bug reports, and hopefully going to bring it under an official GitHub organisation.

There's currently no way for GitHub not to be used, as I need some way to stop spam, and keep in contact with the bug reporter.

thephilsproject

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 07:08:37 am »
Done!