Author Topic: installing pocket pc os on zaurus  (Read 2674 times)

markedman

• View Profile
installing pocket pc os on zaurus
« on: October 23, 2004, 06:51:42 pm »
I want to know if this is possiable i only bought my c-860 because of its clam shell
features please if anyone could direct me towards a form on how to do this or if its
not possiable i guess ill have to sell it

Chaos

• View Profile
    • http://zaurus.duelmonsters.ca
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 07:11:32 pm »
Why would you install Windows on a Linux device???? Linux is WAY better than Windows.

And no, there is no way to do it. Shoulda thought of that before buying, eh?
Sorry. I just don't have the time...

markedman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 07:19:20 pm »
i guess so

V-Man

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 08:48:17 pm »
Hey markedman:

If you so desperately need a Windows device, I will trade you my iPaq 2215 for your 860.  I have a 5500 that is so much more flexible than the iPaq, that the iPaq is relegated to an expensive toy.  I use the Z for all of my work stuff and the 2215 for play.  Seriously, I would be willing to trade the iPaq (and possibly a few bucks) for your 860.  Let me know if you are even slightly interested.  I have been drooling over the 860's since they came out, but just can't afford one yet.

V-Man
SL5500 w/Sharp ROM 3.10
Netgear MA701 WiFi
Sharp  CE-AG06 Camera Card
Various memory cards
Various homemade power/battery packs
HP 2215 iPAQ

markedman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 09:23:10 pm »
Hey markedman:

If you so desperately need a Windows device, I will trade you my iPaq 2215 for your 860.  I have a 5500 that is so much more flexible than the iPaq, that the iPaq is relegated to an expensive toy.  I use the Z for all of my work stuff and the 2215 for play.  Seriously, I would be willing to trade the iPaq (and possibly a few bucks) for your 860.  Let me know if you are even slightly interested.  I have been drooling over the 860's since they came out, but just can't afford one yet.

V-Man
lol the iPaq 2215  is only worth about 200 on ebay

rikiya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 10:54:15 pm »
Well you should at least pay around $300 if you wanna trade I guess
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Rikiya
SL-C860
Linksys WCF12 CF WiFi Card
PDAir Leather Case
256 MB SanDisk CF Card [/font]  [/span]

Omicron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 06:35:27 pm »
I want to know if this is possiable i only bought my c-860 because of its clam shell
features please if anyone could direct me towards a form on how to do this or if its
not possiable i guess ill have to sell it

There is a PALM emulator out on the Zaurus File Index....Would that help (Written for 5500, but might very well work for C860).

I gotta say, it really seems that you are very disappointed in your C860 and I can sort of understand that as I was a little let down just due to my anticipation of seeing reviews and waiting for it.

However, once I listed my needs most important to least important, I started to work on each one.  Honestly all my major needs are satified and the only ones remaining are the ones that I really am not worried enough about to really dig into them.  Eaqch issue took a bit of time and help from the group, but evntually I got a unit I could not replace with anything on the market.

Last time I spoke to you, you were running pdaXrom....Now while that is a great rom for  many people..I gotta say I personally like Cacko QT so much better because it looks and acts like a PDA than X windows linux machine.  I tried pdaXrom and I was very impressed, but I knew it was not the ROM for me.  So if you are still on pdaXrom you are about as far from a PDA-type of ROM as you can get.  I love having linux at my finger tips, but I prefer primarily a gui with linux a little deeper under the hood.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 06:46:55 pm by Omicron »
"You Shall Not Pass"    
....Gandalf, Lord Of The Rings
--------------------------------------------------------------
C-860 (Cacko), 3x4gb MD  
DLINK 660W, 1GB SD,  
Upgraded Archos AV320 w/80GB HDD
Pocketop and Targus IR keyboards
Favorite Deal Site: SaveCity.net (pretty cool, good deals daily on one page)

markedman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 09:03:59 pm »
hey I installed the new qtopia rom like 4 days but yhea im just having alot of fustrations trying to setup a snes emu on my zaurus and for some reason the
nes emu i have only works in landscape mode so its not even usable cause i
dont have any acess to the botton because they are covered by the screen