Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 30357 times)

Mr.Mole

• View Profile
Headphones
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2005, 11:10:38 am »
For the fact that I have already lost my first adapter from Radio Shack I am looking at get headphones like the JAVOebuds.

Anyone else find any other headphones that already have the 2.5mm plug so I do nto have to carry an adapter?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=32335\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

www.boxwave.com's minibuds

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Headphones
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 11:23:45 am »
I'm now on my second, not quite so broken 6000 as my original newish one, and I have the same problem.... when I plug in the 2.5->3.5mm adaptor and my headphones I only get mono sound, and when I "dmesg | tail" it says
Code: [Select]
wm9712_update_jack_state: HP jack state changed (Jack=1,Mic=1)when I unplug I get
wm9712_update_jack_state: HP jack state changed (Jack=0,Mic=0)I have tried shorting out the headphone jack on either channel and watching the logs but don't see anything.

I have tried just plugging in the adaptor without the headphones too.

I can't believe two zauruses have the same fault!

Is the headphone circuitry detecting a very specific resistance?

I really really want to be able to use my Z as an in-car mp3 player with external USB hard drive, so stereo sound is vital!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 11:24:13 am by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

koen

• View Profile
    • http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/
Headphones
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 11:40:54 am »
I'm now on my second, not quite so broken 6000 as my original newish one, and I have the same problem.... when I plug in the 2.5->3.5mm adaptor and my headphones I only get mono sound, and when I "dmesg | tail" it says
wm9712_update_jack_state: HP jack state changed (Jack=1,Mic=1)when I unplug I get
wm9712_update_jack_state: HP jack state changed (Jack=0,Mic=0)I have tried shorting out the headphone jack on either channel and watching the logs but don't see anything.

I have tried just plugging in the adaptor without the headphones too.

I can't believe two zauruses have the same fault!

Is the headphone circuitry detecting a very specific resistance?

I really really want to be able to use my Z as an in-car mp3 player with external USB hard drive, so stereo sound is vital!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134137\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Have you tried with 2.6.17 + latest ASoC?
Forums are not bugtrackers!!! Smart questions
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog

the_oak

• View Profile
    • http://
Headphones
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 02:41:40 pm »
My Javo ebuds have stereo sound with true stereo separation, not just mono playing on both sides. Maybe the problem is with the adapter?

EDIT: by the way, glad you got a working 6000 back.  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:43:08 pm by the_oak »
SL-6000L running Sharp 1.12 rom, (SOLD)
Fujitsu U820 with Windows 7
White Intel MacBook