Author Topic: Java Apps...on Cacko 1.23?  (Read 3161 times)

pfschuyler

• View Profile
Java Apps...on Cacko 1.23?
« on: April 26, 2006, 11:10:23 am »
Greetings!

I'm trying to get a few Java-based applications to work on my Zaurus SL-c1000. I had assumed that with Cacko 1.23 installed, Java applications would run fine on the Zaurus.

I've just come to notice that Zaurus applications that DONT work have a tendency to be Java-based. I've checked the install notes and don't see anything about adding additional Java libraries, etc.  When launched they just pause, then do nothing. Here's a short list:

Jcards
Cocktails
Java Based Journal
Image/J
Shh Tetris
Zen Garden 1.0
etc...etc....

Also I'm not quite sure how to install other types of applications that do not come as *.IPK files. Like for example zs710, or Cinderella...what kind of process do you need to get applications like that installed? Sorry for the stupid questions!

Paul Schuyler

bluedevils

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:31:14 pm »
zs710 is a zip file from looking at its extension.

unzip zs710.zip .

I'm unsure if it's just one file or a whole directory structure

I haven't loaded a java game on the Z for a while, but I do have personal profile for the zaurus loaded.  I think that is a JVM that might help.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 02:31:34 pm by bluedevils »
I'm now an iphone user and use my zaurii as serial terminals, perl and shell scripting and when I need 640x480 screens

sl-c3100/pda cacko 1.23 | sl-6000l/needs battery | sl-c760/server pdaxrom rc12 | Former sl-5500/tkcrom owner (sister's birthday gift)

pfschuyler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 01:31:29 pm »
zs710 is a zip file from looking at its extension.

unzip zs710.zip .

I'm unsure if it's just one file or a whole directory structure

I haven't loaded a java game on the Z for a while, but I do have personal profile for the zaurus loaded.  I think that is a JVM that might help.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yeah, za710.zip is a whole directory structure. What would it take to install an application like this on the Zaurus? Another one which is similar is Cinderella. As I recall that too was a directory structure without an IPK in there. Using the Zaurus install program it won't recognize these applications.

I'm new to this stuff...and installing the IPK packages came pretty naturally. But how to do it when you don't see an IPK?

Thanks...

cmonex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 05:56:10 pm »
Yeah, za710.zip is a whole directory structure. What would it take to install an application like this on the Zaurus? Another one which is similar is Cinderella. As I recall that too was a directory structure without an IPK in there. Using the Zaurus install program it won't recognize these applications.

I'm new to this stuff...and installing the IPK packages came pretty naturally. But how to do it when you don't see an IPK?

Thanks...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=125579\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

well i didnt try java on the z yet (planning to do so) but if there isnt some jar file you can click on, then you could run a command to start up the application. in my little experience the commands vary from JVM to JVM  so a little documentation of the jvm can always help..

uth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 08:00:08 pm »
It looks like there should be a file named zs710.ewe, which I guess is the jar file that gets run with the ewe Java VM.   The rest looks like it's source code, and you probably don't need it.  On sourceforge, you can download just the zs710.ewe file.

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 12:49:05 am »
It looks like there should be a file named zs710.ewe, which I guess is the jar file that gets run with the ewe Java VM.   The rest looks like it's source code, and you probably don't need it.  On sourceforge, you can download just the zs710.ewe file.
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I doubt that ewe will run on cacko though.

and and if it is a java application, chances are it will not run on cacko, because cacko does not come with a jvm unless you install one., but you will not be able to lanch any java apps from the desktop unless you create your own launcher icon and scipt for it.

for more details see [a href=\"http://zaurus.daemons.gr/menaie/mirror/custom.html#java]http://zaurus.daemons.gr/menaie/mirror/custom.html#java[/url]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 12:50:03 am by Meanie »
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K