Author Topic: Request For C3000 Dict2  (Read 4623 times)

mammothrept

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« on: March 02, 2005, 07:19:35 am »
I am trying to rebuild my C3000 after a factory reset and need to reinstall the dict1 and dict2 directories.  I can only find one of the two CDs that came with my Z so I have dict1 but not dict2.  If someone could zip it for me, an easy way to move files is a website called dropload.com

Thanks!

someonehoi

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 10:23:11 pm »
I am trying to rebuild my C3000 after a factory reset and need to reinstall the dict1 and dict2 directories.  I can only find one of the two CDs that came with my Z so I have dict1 but not dict2.  If someone could zip it for me, an easy way to move files is a website called dropload.com

Thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69079\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Dict 2 is 450 MB...
How to share it?
SL-C3000 Sharp ROM + PdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 + KDE Lite with Dual Boot on Hdd4.

Stubear

• View Profile
    • http://
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 07:54:51 pm »
According to some of the Japanese Z sites, the dict2 files are on the 2nd CD that comes with C3k.

Do you have 2 CDs?

Stu
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

mammothrept

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 10:12:06 pm »
I have only one CD which has Dict1 on it.   The other CD seems to have gone on vacation.

According to some of the Japanese Z sites, the dict2 files are on the 2nd CD that comes with C3k.

Do you have 2 CDs?

Stu
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69402\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Stubear

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 08:34:56 pm »
I have only one CD which has Dict1 on it.   The other CD seems to have gone on vacation.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69409\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ouch,

I'll ask around at work and see if any of the Japanese staff have the C3K - I know a few of them have Cx60s - and try to get an iso for you.

Supposedly there is an install CD and a data CD - I assume you only have the install?

Stu
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

Jonathan

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:49:16 pm »
mammothrept,

I did send a couple of private mails on this but maybe they didn't get through.  Anyway, I've uploaded the Dict2 in 5 large chunks to an upload site.  You can private mail me for the details.  The files disappear next Wednesday.

But, since I now notice you're in Japan too, I can easily burn a copy of the CD and put it in the post.  Private mail again if you want to give me your postal address.

Jonathan.

Jonathan

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 07:59:32 pm »
Just noticed that the overnight upload of dict2.zip has succeeded to yousendit.com

here's the link for the whole thing in one file:

http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QPBQ5V14V3842WEX3SU5TT9B8

No login or registration required.

At over 400mb this file may take some time to download...  

Jonathan.

mammothrept

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 09:27:13 pm »
I have successfully downloaded a copy of dict2 which makes me happy.  I am even happier that three people made downloads available and another offered to burn a copy of the CD and send it to me.  Y'all folks are kind to strangers.

It occurs to me though that the oesf.org forums have an omission.  I watch one of the Yahoo groups because it is the best forum for Toshiba Magnia linux servers (think of it as the Zaurus of mini-servers).  The Yahoo message boards are obnoxious because of all the advertising but one thing they have which OESF lacks is a well defined place to upload files or links to files.

Anyone know the folks who run OESF well enough to know how to lobby them?  I'd like to talk them into having an upload page (for small files) or pinned item of links so that we could have one-stop shopping for C3000 software.

Advice?

chuckr

• View Profile
Request For C3000 Dict2
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 03:16:12 pm »
I am trying to rebuild my C3000 after a factory reset and need to reinstall the dict1 and dict2 directories.  I can only find one of the two CDs that came with my Z so I have dict1 but not dict2.  If someone could zip it for me, an easy way to move files is a website called dropload.com

Thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=69079\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You still need the file(s)?