Author Topic: Please Help! Unable To Flash Rom With Sd Card!  (Read 1403 times)

Orchestral

• View Profile
Please Help! Unable To Flash Rom With Sd Card!
« on: May 25, 2005, 01:22:03 pm »
Hi everyone,

I posted this message on the oz forum but it there's no one there at the moment and I really need some help quickly, so sorry for the duplicate.

I just purchased a C3000 from Japan and I must say I'm loving it so far! (in case you're wondering, i'm only here for holiday/vacation) Anyways, I've been trying all day to flash my ROM to the open zaurus ROM. Instead of using a CF card,I'm using an SD card.
I've tried partitioning it to ext2 and fat16. the ext2 didnt work at all, but the fat16 gave some errors like these (may not be exactly as typed):

/tmp/update/updater.sh DATAPAT*/mnt/card: not found

and pretty much every line ends with 'not found'

At first I assumed maybe I had to change some paths in the install.sh?? since it appears to be in binary, i can't really edit it

I've searched the boards, but couldn't find any topic with this problem, but sorry if it's redundant.

Also, I hear mp5sums mentioned alot... i know how to run the generator on linux (just type the command and filename) but I couldn't find the md5sums of any of the files I downloaded.. where can i get these files?

Thanks in advancefor any help!!

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Please Help! Unable To Flash Rom With Sd Card!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:31:51 pm »
i had the same problem, turns out that the cxk just refused to flash with certin flash cards, my sujestion would be to try a new one or go and buy a 32MB card just for flashing, if you took the latter then i recomend a compact flash cards as thier are a lot ok known problems with pdas and certin brands of sd card, the dell axim x3 and several other models would curupt the data just by inserting the card.

hope this helps
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware