Author Topic: Zaurus Dying - Screen Rotated  (Read 1804 times)

Stilgar

• View Profile
Zaurus Dying - Screen Rotated
« on: June 03, 2005, 05:13:45 pm »
hey!
after installing mplayer, bvdd 0.3.1 zplayer and kino2, I was able to play around a bit and show movies.
However, after I started playing oggs kino2 reverted the screen orienation (the screen was flipped, not rotated).
After rebooting the Z botted without asking me for a date and the light, volume and key mapping settings got back to default.
what's worse is that the screen is now rotated as if I have physically rotated it and it wouldn't rotate back to the original state.
Last time it happened I thought it was because I filled with / of mtdblock3 with modules and concluded that I should re-install it.
I really don't want to spend another day re-installing everything.

Any ideas?

Thank you

someonehoi

• View Profile
Zaurus Dying - Screen Rotated
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 08:50:49 pm »
hey!
after installing mplayer, bvdd 0.3.1 zplayer and kino2, I was able to play around a bit and show movies.
However, after I started playing oggs kino2 reverted the screen orienation (the screen was flipped, not rotated).
After rebooting the Z botted without asking me for a date and the light, volume and key mapping settings got back to default.
what's worse is that the screen is now rotated as if I have physically rotated it and it wouldn't rotate back to the original state.
Last time it happened I thought it was because I filled with / of mtdblock3 with modules and concluded that I should re-install it.
I really don't want to spend another day re-installing everything.

Any ideas?

Thank you
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=82698\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
There are some related destop files at /opt/qtpalmtop/apps

I had your problem before.
Because i used another font,the rotated screen could not show the 90" words.
I could not  do anything where  the words were not showed.
Finally,I hard reset and reinstall everything.

I was very disappointed with kino2.
I never use kino2 anymore.

Now i am using Zplayer,it works well and stable.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 01:39:20 am by someonehoi »
SL-C3000 Sharp ROM + PdaXrom 1.1.0beta1 + KDE Lite with Dual Boot on Hdd4.