Author Topic: Henteges 3.5.3 Rom Issues  (Read 4110 times)

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
Henteges 3.5.3 Rom Issues
« on: June 08, 2005, 08:17:59 am »
All,

I've got a bunch of problems on Henteges 3.5.3, and I'm hoping someone can help out.  All in all it's a great rom, but these issues are killing me.  If it helps, I've got an SL-5000d

1. My Zaurus randomly shuts off, requiring a reboot to make it alive again.  This seems to happen daily, and is really starting to get to me (happened 3 times during my subway ride to work).

2. All my alarms are off.  For some reason my zaurus is in a different time zone than I set it to using the DateTime control panel.  Anyone know where the localtime file is, or what I need to do?  It appears that my alarms are off by about 5 hours, which is where Grenwich is from my current time zone.

3. The Z halts after syncing with Qtopia.  I'm not sure why, but I need to reboot after I sync.    This only happens if I USB sync, which I have to at work.

Any help would be lovely!

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 12:53:57 pm »
[...]

1. My Zaurus randomly shuts off, requiring a reboot to make it alive again.  This seems to happen daily, and is really starting to get to me (happened 3 times during my subway ride to work).

I can't reproduce this problem. Suspend /resume works perfectly fine as long as you do not use the "Cancel" key to suspend. I never had the Z shut itself off for now reason. Maybe your battery is about to die?

2. All my alarms are off.  For some reason my zaurus is in a different time zone than I set it to using the DateTime control panel.  Anyone know where the localtime file is, or what I need to do?  It appears that my alarms are off by about 5 hours, which is where Grenwich is from my current time zone.

I tried a few of the default timeszones and the alarm worked as expected at the correct time.

3. The Z halts after syncing with Qtopia.  I'm not sure why, but I need to reboot after I sync.    This only happens if I USB sync, which I have to at work.

Sorry, I can't help you with that one. I've never used Qtopia.
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 03:01:54 pm »
It's more the first two which worry me.  I always suspend my Zaurus with the cancel button, but in this case that isn't the problem.  The Zaurus suspends itself (permanently) while I'm doing work.  I really can't make this fix.

As for the timezones, perhaps I'm doing something incorrect.  Where do I set the current timezone belonging to my Zaurus?  Perhaps I've buggered up.

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 04:02:11 pm »
It's more the first two which worry me.  I always suspend my Zaurus with the cancel button, but in this case that isn't the problem.  The Zaurus suspends itself (permanently) while I'm doing work.  I really can't make this fix.

"While I'm doing work" == Pressing and holding right-arrow or some other hardware buttong for more than 3 seconds? Known Bug  of 3.5.3  

As for the timezones, perhaps I'm doing something incorrect.  Where do I set the current timezone belonging to my Zaurus?  Perhaps I've buggered up.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83575\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I've just selected another city/timezone while setting the date and time in Opie.
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:50:24 am »
Ah... I didn't know about the the button bug.  Now I'm the wiser =)

As for the timezone thing, here's the interesting bit.  The alarm clock app sets the correct times (all my alarms work).  However, alarms from the datebook don't do the correct thing.  The alarms are displaced by about 5 hours.

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 01:51:35 pm »
I should add to this that today shows the apps time displaced (i.e. displaced by the 5 or so hours).  This is really frustrating me, rendering my Z useless.

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 07:53:07 am »
Okay,

Here's all the knowledge I now have (and it's good stuff!).

1. Both the Zaurus and desktop share the same time zone information (i.e. America/Montreal).

2. If I make an entry on my desktop for say 8am, it shows up on my Zaurus' datebook (and today) as 1pm.

3. If I make an entry on my Zaurus for 1pm, it shows up on my desktop for 8am.

I'm quite buggered.  Does anyone know if OZ 3.5.2 does this?  I'm pretty willing to give up now.

tombraider

• View Profile
    • http://atoah.com/zaurus/
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 08:57:50 am »
Okay,

Here's all the knowledge I now have (and it's good stuff!).

1. Both the Zaurus and desktop share the same time zone information (i.e. America/Montreal).

2. If I make an entry on my desktop for say 8am, it shows up on my Zaurus' datebook (and today) as 1pm.

3. If I make an entry on my Zaurus for 1pm, it shows up on my desktop for 8am.

I'm quite buggered.  Does anyone know if OZ 3.5.2 does this?  I'm pretty willing to give up now.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84662\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'm not have any time problems with this ROM other than the OZ 3.5.3 feature that when you do a hard reset,  the time reverts back and you have to reset it - might happen with soft reset too,  I'm not sure - it's annoying.  And the other feature with OZ that the Zaurus just turns off for no reason and the cancel/off button causes it to go off PERMANENTLY.

Try going to time/date and when your Z is connected to the internet do a time server update of the time - see what happens then.

Only other thing could be something got corrupted during the flash install so you might have to reinstall.

Hope this helps.  
Learning Chinese?  Have a Mac?  Try Hanzi Master: Download for free

Tombraider's Zaurus C1000 Tips Web Site

SL-3200 from Conics.net: Sharp ROM| SL-C1000: Pdaxrom Beta 3