Author Topic: Compact Flash Wired Ethernet  (Read 5401 times)

drewlane

• View Profile
    • http://
Compact Flash Wired Ethernet
« on: June 23, 2005, 11:25:46 am »
I already have a CF Wifi Card for my SL-5500, but I'd like to get a wired CF ethernet adapter that will work with both my Zaurus and PocketPC.

Any suggestions on brands that are known to work well with the Zaurus?

I'm running the Sharp ROM 3.10.

Thanks,

Drew

jfv

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:07:15 pm »
Socket low-power works. Socket 10/100 doesn't.
Felipe
SL 5000 D  and C860 Sharp ROM
Too many accessories...

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:13:54 pm »
Hawking H-CF686TX 10/100M Fast Ethernet Network Adapter

doseas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 05:58:14 pm »
I already have a CF Wifi Card for my SL-5500, but I'd like to get a wired CF ethernet adapter that will work with both my Zaurus and PocketPC.

Any suggestions on brands that are known to work well with the Zaurus?

I'm running the Sharp ROM 3.10.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85479\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

TRENDnet TE-CF100 works for me after messing around a bit with the config file.  It is also the cheapest of all the units I've seen.

drewlane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 06:30:16 pm »
Thanks guys.

I went with the Socket low powered - works like a charm.

Drew

Rev.Tigger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 10:43:43 am »
Just for posterity I will post that the Xircom Compact Flash Ethernet 10 works fine with no changes needed.

I had never heard of them before but I bought it cheap from a Belgian on e-bay

colryn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 06:55:06 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

How did you get this card to work. Did it work without configuring? I just got one of these gards. I plugged it in rebooted - the card lights flashed and I thought it recognised it but after completely booting, the lights were not on.

Where do I configure the IP adress for this device? How do I turn networking on? It is not in /etc/rc.d/init.d/

Any suggections?
New SL-5600 owner

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 10:18:48 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=85521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

How did you get this card to work. Did it work without configuring? I just got one of these gards. I plugged it in rebooted - the card lights flashed and I thought it recognised it but after completely booting, the lights were not on.

Where do I configure the IP adress for this device? How do I turn networking on? It is not in /etc/rc.d/init.d/

Any suggections?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=94190\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

colryn,

I just read this and realized that I guessed wrong in my PM response to you.  Sorry about that.

My Hawking network card also worked right out of the box.  I just plugged it in, created a network profile (using the network app), and connected.  It just worked.  As I mentioned in my PM, this was on a C860 running tkcRom.  (I'm not 100% sure, but I think it also worked on my old 5500, also running tkcRom.)

As with the modem card, I would suggest you start by first making sure the card is recognized properly (i.e. "cardctl ident").  Let me know if you need me to check anything specific for you.

~ray

colryn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 06:56:05 am »
Got your pm. The hawking card works great. The OS did recognize it after all but I did not know it. I wastrying to find the config file of where ethernet cards are located. It is not in the usual /etc/sysconfig/network-script/eth0 as in RH Linux.

Thanks for your help.
New SL-5600 owner

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 11:36:56 am »
Glad you got it working.

On the Z, you'll find the basic network stuff under "/etc/pcmcia".  "/etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.conf" defines the known network cards. The connection stuff managed by the network applet is stored at "/home/zaurus/Applications/Network/modules" (edit at your own risk...

~ray