Author Topic: Sl-5600. Which Os For Wpa-psk/tkip  (Read 6418 times)

phisch

• View Profile
Sl-5600. Which Os For Wpa-psk/tkip
« on: August 17, 2005, 01:03:48 pm »
Hello,
Just picked up an SL-5600 on ebay, my first Linux PDA.  I need to be able to use the wireless network where I go to school.  They use WPA-PSK and TKIP.  I haven't bought a wireless card yet, but what I really need to figure out is if there is a 5600 ROM that that supports this (not real comfortable compiling my own ROM).  I see Cacko does, but there is no SL-5600 version of Cacko, is that correct?  
I've poked around quite a bit on the forums, but most of the references for WPA I've seen are old or discuss compiling your own ROM.
I'd appreciate any advice on a CF card/ROM combo that will make WPA easy.
Thanks and regards,
-Phil
SL-5600
Watapon 1.6.1

jackschmidt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »
Quote from: phisch
Hello,
Just picked up an SL-5600 on ebay, my first Linux PDA.  I need to be able to use the wireless network where I go to school.  They use WPA-PSK and TKIP.  I haven't bought a wireless card yet, but what I really need to figure out is if there is a 5600 ROM that that supports this (not real comfortable compiling my own ROM).  I see Cacko does, but there is no SL-5600 version of Cacko, is that correct?  
I've poked around quite a bit on the forums, but most of the references for WPA I've seen are old or discuss compiling your own ROM.
I'd appreciate any advice on a CF card/ROM combo that will make WPA easy.
Thanks and regards,
-Phil

I'd like to resurrect this topic.  Sadly, the thread has been ignored but I am also wondering about this and do hope someone sheds light in this situation.
Sharp Zaurus SL-5600 Poodle
Sharp ROM 1.32

dillera

• View Profile
    • http://www.dillernet.com/apple
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:36:02 am »
I'll know soon- I've ordered the AMBICOM CF WIFI card, and I also just picked up a SL5600 from ebay (for $50). I'll be using the OE Angstrom 2007.12 releases, and I'll post back here in a few days (as soon as I get my card) and report how it works via WPA. I'm thinking it should work as long as I use the 2.6.23 kernel on the OE autobuilds.

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:06:49 pm »
Most of the ROMs should support WPA. The Ambicom card will, so long as its firmware is >=1.7.4, which it should be.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo