Author Topic: Help With Oz Compatible Apps Please  (Read 3166 times)

phisch

• View Profile
Help With Oz Compatible Apps Please
« on: August 29, 2005, 10:14:04 am »
I recently installed OZ (Hentges) on my Poodle.  Just got WPA-PSK working with my WCF12 (Prism III) card.  (Yea!!! )
Now I need some help with apps.  What are the best solutions for the following, and where do I find/how do I install them:

- read and write MS Word docs (anyone gotten TextMaker or Handcom Word to work with OZ?)

- read and write MS Excel docs (Hancom Sheet?)

- emacs? (tried installing "zaurus-emacs", had to make a bogus libncurse.so.4 by linking to .so.5.  mec runs, but the display is not right under Konsole.  any ideas?)

- I need some kind of outliner (TreeLine? Installed, but I guess I need to install python too?  If TextMaker would work it would be okay.)

Appreciate any advice!
-Phil
SL-5600
Watapon 1.6.1

lardman

• View Profile
    • http://people.bath.ac.uk/enpsgp/Zaurus/
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 10:55:20 am »
I recently installed OZ (Hentges) on my Poodle.

Okay, so you're running Opie, that said I'll also suggest for GPE just in case,

- read and write MS Word docs (anyone gotten TextMaker or Handcom Word to work with OZ?)

I've not tried TextMaker but I have tried Hancom Word (at least to open it and write a bit of test), and it works. You need the older version which came with the 5500 2.xx ROMs, there are ipks floating around or you can use the packaging tools + romburst (which were on killefiz.de iirc) to rip an ipk from the OSPACK. Note you may need to make some changes to the control file in the ipk as OZ is stricter about what's allowed in there and its format.

For GPE there's Abiword and possibly others have been added since I last looked.

- read and write MS Excel docs (Hancom Sheet?)

Hancom Sheet doesn't work with OZ due to the move to soft-float - this means that calculations in Hancom Sheet are wrong. Not sure about the options within Opie (other than someone giving opie-sheet some love), but there's gnumeric for GPE (and this could also be run through XQt inside Opie).

- emacs? (tried installing "zaurus-emacs", had to make a bogus libncurse.so.4 by linking to .so.5. mec runs, but the display is not right under Konsole. any ideas?)

Is this in the feed? I seem to remember reading about it somewhere.

Not sure about outliners, I've never needed/used one. You can install python from the feed, then run mkcompat on Treeline and it should work (he says )

Si
C750 OZ3.5.4 (GPE, 2.6.x kernel)
SL5500 OZ3.5.4 (Opie)
Nokia 770
Serial GPS, WCF-12, Socket Ethernet & BT, Ratoc USB
WinXP, Mandriva

koen

• View Profile
    • http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 11:04:55 am »
Not sure about outliners, I've never needed/used one. You can install python from the feed, then run mkcompat on Treeline and it should work (he says )

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

figment in GPE
Forums are not bugtrackers!!! Smart questions
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog

acpkendo

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »

I can confirm that TextMaker works with sharp-compat-libs.  It's a nice program, I just wasn't interested in paying $50 for it.

phisch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 02:15:07 pm »

I can confirm that TextMaker works with sharp-compat-libs.  It's a nice program, I just wasn't interested in paying $50 for it.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=93651\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks.  It works great!  I didn't even know that compatible library functionality was there.  It also allows qpsword to work.

btw, TextMaker is available for $25 ("for a limited time") at theKompany.com.

Regards,
-Phil
SL-5600
Watapon 1.6.1

acpkendo

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 04:23:21 pm »
btw, TextMaker is available for $25 ("for a limited time") at theKompany.com.

Wow, that actually makes it tempting.  I tried opie-write, but the HTML files that came out of it didn't transfer very well.  For good or ill, .doc is the best format for cross-platform word processing. . .