Author Topic: Flash 6000 From Sd  (Read 5804 times)

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Flash 6000 From Sd
« on: October 20, 2005, 06:08:33 pm »
I just got my "new" 6000 today (woohoo) and wish to flash to the G rom image.

I've only got a 64M cf card, which won't hold the rom image, but I do have a 1GB sd card.

Can I flash from SD, like I did with my 860? It's just that the instructions refer solely to CF.

thanks
Paul
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 03:19:36 am by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Flash 6000 From Sd
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:13:20 am »
hmm, well, I think perhaps I was being foolishly hopeful, as I went through all the DM menu and there's only the CF option (I couldn't imagine Sharp not putting an SD restore in the same menu as the CF).

fortunately, a colleague is willing to loan me his huge CF card.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Gondola

• View Profile
Flash 6000 From Sd
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 12:51:14 pm »
I don't have a CF card at all.  I've used my SD card many times to flash to different OS's/distro's/ROM's.

The thing is, the first/only partition has to be FAT or FAT16 or whatever.

I've used it with the whole 1gb as one partition, and with two partitions, second one being ext2fs or whatever.  Has always worked fine.

hmm, well, I think perhaps I was being foolishly hopeful, as I went through all the DM menu and there's only the CF option (I couldn't imagine Sharp not putting an SD restore in the same menu as the CF).

fortunately, a colleague is willing to loan me his huge CF card.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=100302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Nokia 770, running latest firmware.
1GB RS-MMC sandisk card
Garmin Etrex Legend GPS/USB Earthmate GPS
Rooted, with an SSH server, VNC viewer, etc.
[/span]