Author Topic: Sl-6000l - Sold  (Read 5107 times)

neuroshock

• View Profile
    • http://
Sl-6000l - Sold
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:11:42 pm »
Sold.
Winning Bidder was registered Ebay member "timriker".
The winning bid was for $622.01

I don't yet know if this is one of our forum members but it would be nice if it was.
Thanks for everyone who expressed interest. I do plan on selling another soon (before Christmas).

God Bless,
-NeuroShock
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a shameless plug for a  Brand New, Never Used, Zaurus SL-6000L I just listed on EBay.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5831722636

In case the item Link above is broken it is Ebay Item #5831722636

EDIT: I have dropped the "Buy it Now" price by $51.00 usd to hopefully make it more affordable to those on the forums here- I hadn't even given it a thought when  I originally pulled a number out of the air.  If you're interested in doing the "buy it now" thing it should be considerably less now than anywhere else on the internet that you could buy it new. Unfortunately this also makes it even more affordable and attractive for NON-forum bidders as well so hurry if you want it.

It should become available to be bid upon immediately, is a 5 day Auction, NO Reserve, bidding starts at $1 and "Buy It Now" is an available option.

I decided to go "No Reserve" figuring that if by some quirk of fate nobody bids very high maybe a fellow ZUGger could pick it up cheaply.  However it would be REALLY nice of someone to just go ahead and bid about $12,000.00 and be done with the thing!
Come Ooooon....you KNOW you want to!

Alrighty- enuf fun for now.  
Happy Bidding!

-NeuroShock

Edit this is the relisted Item information (updated around 1:02pm est 11/17/2005)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 01:03:00 pm by neuroshock »
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-6000L & C3100.[/span]

BarryW

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 12:34:27 am »
Hmmmmmm....
Invalid Item
This listing (5831470966) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.
What's this button do??

C3100
Distro changes almost weekly...

C3200
Distro also changes almost weekly...  :)

Hardware hacks and stuff.

adf

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:12:01 am »
we..or at least I'll be looking forward to your 6k/31k comparison.
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 04:25:45 am »
Well, my plan is to sell all three of the sl-6000 units I have if they fetch at least $500ish apiece. I'll then turn around and reinvest in a new SL-6000W (like I should have to begin with but wasn't patient enough), and a new SL-C3100. If the first one or two sell for less than $500 I'm just going to sell two of them, keep the third, and buy a SL-C3100.

Either way, I want to end up owning a 3100 and a 6000 (of some kind.)  If the 3100 screen grows on me enough and I convince myself that it's just as good then I may sell all the 6000's and move to clamshells.  I really don't expect that to happen as I have already SEEN the screens side by side, and they acuity and extra .3 inches REALLY DOES make a difference (to me anyway.) The .3 inches translates to the same visual real estate as upgrading from a 16" monitor to a 17.28" monitor, and the quality the same as a generic KDS to the Sony Vaio LCD panel in comparison.  Being disabled and such, I use a device such as this waaay to much as a book-reader and/or to browse the net when I cannot even dream of getting to my Desktop Comp.  

So gotta have my 6k fix.  By grace of the fact I spent the money to a backup unit while I had the money last year, and the fact that they are selling for much more than I paid for them now is the ONLY reason I'm really making a foray into the SL-C3100 realm.  I'd REALLY like to expand my entertainment options by watching fullscreen movies and using my Z as a multi-media center as well and my 6000 just does not excel in that particular area.
EDIT: I edited that last sentence because it was unfairly extreme.  However suffice it to say that I'm pretty dissapointed that so far the 6k has never been a barn-stormer in this area.  I've seen Quake/Hexen/(any video player you please)/Doom etc. play on a C860 and it's a LOT better. Also watching movies is tough for me on the 6k because I'm very sensitive to refresh rates etc. so the best I've ever managed still seems choppy and has "tearing".  When overclocked my SL-5500 plays better mpeg4 movies at the same 320x240 than my 6k does at that resolution. However I'll freely admit I've never used the Guyhelm Kernel AND pdaXrom at the same time- I will definitely do that before I draw up my final conclusions and post them on the matter.

Adf, I've felt your pain and discontent running parallel to mine as we both left footprints on this matter throught the diff forums over not being able to get the best of both worlds.  I do promise you a very detailed and gritty comparison after I've used both for about a week or so (maybe longer because both will require flashing to pdaXrom and/or Guyhelm rom after they arrive) - I'm going to try both ways with the 6k before I pass judgement as I'm thinking Guyhelm's rom or his kernel may give a bit more performance boost to the 6k simply because he's made the 6k his work focus area.

So stay tuned.  The FIRST thing is getting my listing right...(or this project is doomed from the start), so try that link and let me know if it's working for you guys!

-NeuroShock

we..or at least I'll be looking forward to your 6k/31k comparison.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103987\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 06:39:53 pm by neuroshock »

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 04:27:12 am »
I must've finally gotten it right as someone now has a bid on it for $1.00

GadgetGuy

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:27:08 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I would like to bid too. You listing indicates, that you ship to Canada

"Shipping costs:  (To Canada) Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details "

- but you dont tell how much that costs...  ( so: how much is it?)

I tried to enter my bid, but ebay did not let me. Can you check how you set up your listing please?

( I have also emailed you via ebay - sorry for the double post)
Zaurus C-3100 from PriceJapan with OZ 3.5.4.1. Opie and GPE
Ambicom CF WL1100C Wifi Card and Symbol Wireless Networker CF Wifi Card
1 GB Sandisk Ultra II SD
PdAir leather case - Nintendo DS metal case
various smaller CF and SD cards
all kinds of USB cables and accessories
-------------------------------------------------------------
Previous computers: TI 99/4A, ZX81, C64, Amiga 500, Apple Powerbook 100
Previous PDA's: Palm 1000, Palm III, Palm V, Palm Vx, Audiovox Maestro Pocket PC, Psion 5mx
Current PDA: Palm Tungsten E2
Current favourite: Zaurus C3100 - my "micro laptop"

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 11:01:41 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=103994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I would like to bid too. You listing indicates, that you ship to Canada

"Shipping costs:  (To Canada) Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details "

- but you dont tell how much that costs...  ( so: how much is it?)

I tried to enter my bid, but ebay did not let me. Can you check how you set up your listing please?

( I have also emailed you via ebay - sorry for the double post)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Wow, that really sucks that it won't let you bid.  I'll go check that immediately.  I think I vaguely remember having to make a decision about that and wasn't thinking "Canada" when faced with the word "International"- I almost think of Canada as our long-lost 51st State.
You can read my response on Ebay, I also have sent you a PM here on the forums which you SHOULD read also.

I'll report back in a few about whether I got it fixed so you can bid etc.

-NeuroShock

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 11:05:55 am »
I found the problem.  Canadians should now be able to bid with no problems whatsoever.  And since the bid currently is still at $1 it is QUITE the bargain!

Good Luck!
-NeuroShock

UPDATE: He's still having problems bidding. Sometimes it takes Ebay 10 mins or so to update itself with new changes, so if anyone else is experiencing his problems wait another 15-30mins and try again.  Please PM me or post here- I'll call Ebay and see what can be done to get it fixed if it doesn't update within a few hours.  It looks like it may go REALLY cheaply (which is fine with me if that's what destiny/God's Will in the matter is) but I'll be VERY unhappy if it goes that cheaply and one of our own members isn't the recipient! I want the home team to win this one. =)

I'll check back here at the forums periodically throughout the day untill we get the kinks worked outa this thing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 11:21:51 am by neuroshock »

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 11:45:20 am »
ARRRGGGH!  Why do these things always happen to ME?!

*sigh*  The stupid listing is "broken".  I have their sincerest apologies but I will have to prematurely end the auction and relist it at no penalty to me or International bidders may not be able to consistently bid.  If I fail to end the auction within 4 hours they will invalidate and delete it to prevent misbids by unwary bidders.

I'm now bald since I've pulled all my hair out.  It wasn't even my error it was THEIRS! mumble mumble ... Rage against the Machine....mumble mumble

It's going byebye and I'll have it relisted and this thread updated with the new appropriate link in just a few mins.

Sorry about the inconvenience,
-NeuroShock

ltrm

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:04 am »
When you relist is there any chance you might consider opening the bidding to the UK?
C860 - pdaXrom + XFCE4 <montyBurns>mmm Excellent</montyBurns>
Socket Bluetooth rev E - Socket low-power WiFi
1Gb Microdrive - Integral 1Gb SD
Belkin IR Keyboard - Pretec (Royaltek RBT-3000) BluetoothGPS
CE-RH1 remote control - Solar charger + some other bits 'n' bobs

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 01:28:44 pm »
Ok everyone, it's relisted. So you won't have to scroll up to the top here's the new info:

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5831722636

In case the item Link above is broken it is Ebay Item #5831722636

Happy Bidding!

When you relist is there any chance you might consider opening the bidding to the UK?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

No, I really don't want to, BUT I guess I will BUT YOU MUST READ EVERYTHING BELOW OR DON'T BID!!!!  
I've tried 3 times in the past to ship to the UK and each time ended in either a 6 week long debacle, or in the buyer having to pay rediculous import fees if insured, or broken merchandise if it wasn't. In one instance I ended up having to unpack, inspect, repack resend THREE TIMES before the buyer accepted delivery.
As for the rediculous import fees, you'll have to talk to your elected governmental leaders.  Why the UK puts such a heavy fine on imports from the US when we give them "Most favored trading status" is completely beyond me.  It's much easier/cheaper in my experience to ship FROM the UK to the US than it is the other way around.
Now...having said all that, I would be willing to work with you or any other OESF member in good standing that lives in the UK if YOU'RE AGREEABLE TO THE FOLLOWING:

1. Payment MUST be via Paypal and you will have to pay ANY AND ALL fees incurred by either of us so do your research up front.

2. We will have to calculate shipping once the auction ends, but as long as you're willing to pay for it I'll certainly ship it. My only stipulation is that we must BOTH AGREE on the shipper and that the shipper must offer some form of tracking method and delivery confirmation.

3. You will have to make the same decision struggle that Canadian posters do with the Insured/ Uninsured issue. (see the ebay listing)

4. You will have to give me PRECISE shipping instructions once we come to an agreement on the shipper.  Research what needs to be done to keep your own government off your back first!  I will then follow those directions to the letter.

5.  I will ship NOTHING until we've gotten the above all hammered out and agreed upon AND THE PAYMENT FOR MERCHANDISE AND SHIPPING RECEIVED!

and...

6.  (This is the real gut checker.)  It's a completely "Blind Deal" from my perspective.  Once I ship it following your instructrions it is YOURS regardless of ANYTHING. No refund. No replacement. No returns. No reshipping. No kidding. If they charge you a million dollars in import taxes, if it arrives in a billion pieces because it fell 1,000 feet to the tarmack off the Airplane, if you reject delivery for ANY REASON, etc. etc. etc. you're stuck with it. Period.

If your agreeable to the above and live in the UK and have been a member of this forum for at least 45 days  AND YOU ARE COMPLETELY AGREEABLE to ALL OF THE ABOVE then sure, go ahead and bid. I'll be more than happy to work with you the best I can.

With how I have it setup now you should be able to place a bid even if your a registered user in the UK.  I will NOT however be stating any of this in the auction and certainly NOT be extending this offer to anyone not a member here on the OESF forums.  It is completely a favor to my friends here.

I will delete and reject any bid that I feel doesn't meet the above requirements!  The moment you bid you need to copy and past the contents of this post into a PM to me and state that you will gladly abide by each and every one!

Me personally, I'm not sure I could abide by the above strictures, but if you can I will do my utmost to make things proceed in the best manner possible and will pack even better than I offered to Canada.  *gulp* I hope I don't regret this decision- my problem is even after saying all this if it goes bad for the buyer because of shipping issues I feel totally awful.  I've got a conscience that just won't quit.

Oh well, if I was in the UK I'd hope someone would do it for me.

Before anyone asks NO I won't ship anywhere else...if you live in Europe then see if you can find someone in the UK who will ship it to you and if you and/or they are agreeable to the above scenario then I'll do my best. But the buck stops here.

Good Luck all!

-NeuroShock

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:51:54 pm »
EDIT: I have dropped the "Buy it Now" price by $51.00 usd to hopefully make it more affordable to those on the forums here- I hadn't even given it a thought when I originally pulled a number out of the air. If you're interested in doing the "buy it now" thing it should be considerably less now than anywhere else on the internet that you could buy it new. Unfortunately this also makes it even more affordable and attractive for NON-forum bidders as well so hurry if you want it.

pgas

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 02:03:12 pm »

9 posts and 2 threads in one day.

I think we are aware that you sell your zaurus now
SLC-860 cacko / senao wifi

neuroshock

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 02:18:24 pm »

9 posts and 2 threads in one day.

I think we are aware that you sell your zaurus now
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=104074\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I am truly very sorry.  It was not my intent to spam the forums, I was just totally unprepared for the requests from the different international users here to open the bidding to them, the fact that Ebay would kill my posting due to some freak error on their part, etc.

I'll try to go clean up all the misc. posts if you or the moderator would like.  I posted only in aswer to others, or to fix problems that were pointed out with my original two posts (one here and one in the Deals forums- both legitimate areas to post something of this nature.) It just seemed to keep piling up one thing right after another.

I have no concern for my Z selling at all- any working 6000 that has sold, sold for no less than $449.00 in the last 60 days on Ebay(I know I've been tracking them faithfully), and all but two of those have sold for over $500.00.   There were 4 successive listings by a person trying to sell thier SL-6000L for around $800.00- needless to say his did not sell.  So regardless of whether I post here in the forums or not it will sell easily and well especially as it is brand new.  I'm sure others will easily validate this.  I only posted with the hopes that a Zugger or OESF forum member may beat the rest of the world to the punch or get a great deal on a Brand New 6kL for MUCH cheaper than anywhere else.  I still believe that can happen and like it a LOT when it does.

I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else in the process.  I will gladly delete all my posts concerning this item if you wish, or I'll request the moderator do it for me.  Please let me know.

My Apologies,
-NeuroShock
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 02:21:29 pm by neuroshock »

adf

• View Profile
Sl-6000l - Sold
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 03:39:20 pm »
certainly you can do better than "sucks" for multimedia on a 6k.
I have using a mixture of stuff from guyhem and mazlovsky, or by using pdaxrom.

for the kind of multimedia thing you are talkng about, i'd have gone for a pepperpad or  a nokia 770.
still a "head to head" will be interesting
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf