Author Topic: Uninstallation  (Read 6800 times)

Ben Iveland

• View Profile
Uninstallation
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:30:59 pm »
Hi,

I installed (flashed) the rom with v. 0.82 before I checked if th machine was 100% compatible. No sound, IR, Wlan etc.

Because of this I would like to revert back to WinCE. I saved the original bootblock and WinCE image both on the CF and have a copy on my PC.

The problem is that I have to press the SPACE key before the unit boots, but I have only got the quick-launch buttons.

One thing I can try is to modify reflash.ctl, md5sums, and unpack the copy of the original image, but I do not know if the file will have the correct format.

Please, am I missing something, I am quite new to Linux, so I probably need a bit of patient helpers.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

kmeaw

• View Profile
Uninstallation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 11:42:37 pm »
3660 is 100% compatible with Linux. IrDA, CF-WLAN cards and sound work perfectly.

But if you still want to restore WinCE, follow this instruction:
(You need a serial cable and ymodem-capable terminal emulation program to complete it.)

1. Restart your iPAQ. You will see bootldr pengiun logo.
2. Press button 1 (Bootloader serial console)
3. Connect your iPAQ to the serial port of your computer and setup it as 115200 bps 8N1
4. Hit ENTER. You will see boot> prompt
5. Type "load root", hit ENTER and initiate YMODEM upload of wince.gz backup file.
6. After wince.gz has been transfered, you will see iPAQ flashing: "addr: XXXXXX, data: XXXXXX". DO NOT reset iPAQ during this!!
7. You will be notified, that flashing has been completed successfully. Type "boot" and press ENTER.
8. You will see WinCE booting. Start BootBlaster and flash your normal WinCE bootloader back.

jfv

• View Profile
Uninstallation
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:17:33 am »
I have the same Ipaq and I assume you have a CF sleeve, since you talk about a CF card. The procedure to flash wince is the same as flashing familiar. As you say, modify the reflash, md5sums files and unpack the backup, then flash as usual.

But as the previous poster said, stuff should work.

Felipe
SL 5000 D  and C860 Sharp ROM
Too many accessories...