Author Topic: Gnumeric On My C1k  (Read 2891 times)

gdog

• View Profile
Gnumeric On My C1k
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:13:16 pm »
So can anybody tell me what I would need to do, (and if it's even possible), to install gnumeric on my C1K running the stock Sharp ROM?

I have some large spreadsheets that just refuse to open with Hancom Sheet.

Thanks in advance!
You can tell a lot about a man by the condition of his shoes

adf

• View Profile
    • http://
Gnumeric On My C1k
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 01:36:33 pm »
does it not work using meanie's xqt stuff?  I haven't tried any of this, but.... pdaxrom has an xqt feed. meanie has the xqt+apps cramfs.... possibly somehwere in there you might get something working?
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

gdog

• View Profile
Gnumeric On My C1k
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 06:08:37 pm »
Hmmmm. I'm hoping to hear that I can just install an ipk and have it work. I have a stable system and don't want to risk having to start over again. Probably won't happen that way, but.....I'll see if I can find what Meanie has.
You can tell a lot about a man by the condition of his shoes

apink

• View Profile
Gnumeric On My C1k
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 09:43:22 pm »
Gnumeric is a big reason why I am running pdaxrom.  It works like a charm there.
--current use--
linux chroot on top of lineage  on cell phone

--past handhelds--
pandora
ben nanonote
zaurus sl-c1000

dlj0

• View Profile
Gnumeric On My C1k
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 10:38:56 pm »
Gnumeric is a big reason why I am running pdaxrom.  It works like a charm there.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118620\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Gotta agree.  With gnumeric, abiword, nedit, sylpheed, firefox, not to mention tex and lyx (I'm still fiddling with that), what I've got with pdaxrom (and my 3100, but your 1000 can do it with a big sd card) is a real computer rather than a big pda.
Zaurus:  SL C3100
ROM:  eabi debian/sid

koen

• View Profile
    • http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/
Gnumeric On My C1k
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 04:05:42 am »
Gnumeric is a big reason why I am running pdaxrom.  It works like a charm there.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118620\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Gotta agree.  With gnumeric, abiword, nedit, sylpheed, firefox, not to mention tex and lyx (I'm still fiddling with that), what I've got with pdaxrom (and my 3100, but your 1000 can do it with a big sd card) is a real computer rather than a big pda.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118624\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

The latest versions of gnumeric and abiword have OpenDocument support, so no need for the OpenOffice monster any more!
Forums are not bugtrackers!!! Smart questions
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog