Author Topic: Gpsd Seg Faults On 3.5.4 Poodle  (Read 2974 times)

kai

• View Profile
Gpsd Seg Faults On 3.5.4 Poodle
« on: April 12, 2006, 11:00:53 am »
Hi, I'm trying to install gpsd for qpegps from the 3.5.4 feed on my poodle running OZ 3.5.4, but it gives a segmentation fault every time I try to run it.  I've tried installing it to different locations (home, root, sd), but all seg faults.  What's wrong, am I missing something?

paganoll

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:35:05 am »
Hi, I'm trying to install gpsd for qpegps
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Same problem solved removing the gpsd from the feed and installing this [a href=\"http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qpegps/gpsd_from_qpegps_0_9_1_compiled_with_soft-float_support?download]gpsd from qpegps[/url]. My Z is a collie (with_soft-float_support).

I start qpegps without the gps card. When it ask "retry/ignore" insert gps card and press "retry". It works for my.

You also need upgraded wget (ipkg install wget) the busybox version lack parameters.
the gif2png and downmap to download maps from expedia These files are not installed from the feed.

you can start qpegps from the console to see the log.

This is not a google translation  

EDITED.
1.- Remove gpsd -> ipkg remove gpsd
2.- Gunzip this 3 files in /opt/QtPalmtop/bin/

[ Invalid Attachment ]
3.- Start GPSD without the GPS card
4.- Insert GPS card and press RETRY button.
EDITED II.
5.- My GPS card is ttyS3. Change to your device (type dmesg in console to see it)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 05:07:50 am by paganoll »

kai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:26:31 pm »
Thanks for the detailed explaination, I'm going to give it a try tonight and post back!

kai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 01:45:16 am »
I did exactly as you described and I got it to work!  There are still a couple of things that I need to look into, like wget not working and the gps being recognized once only after a reboot, but I'm very happy that my gps works.  Thank you so much paganoll, you saved my Z from the back of the closet!

paganoll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 06:18:55 pm »
1.- There are still a couple of things that I need to look into, like wget not working...
2.- The gps being recognized once only after a reboot.
1.- Try ipkg install wget The wget form busybox lake parameters.
2.- Try killall gpsd when the card does not work. My GPS card is Globalsat BC-307. It can have it's own troubles...

kai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 08:46:54 am »
1.- There are still a couple of things that I need to look into, like wget not working...
2.- The gps being recognized once only after a reboot.
1.- Try ipkg install wget The wget form busybox lake parameters.
2.- Try killall gpsd when the card does not work. My GPS card is Globalsat BC-307. It can have it's own troubles...
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

2. the problem disappeared, but if it happens again I'll try your suggestion.

1. I did do "ipkg install wget", it relinked wget from the busybox version to wget.wget in my /usr/bin/.
After that, "ipkg update" or any "ipkg install" wouldn't work, downmap wouldn't work either.  
If I do "wget [a href=\"http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/mirror/www.openzaurus.org/official/unstable/3.5.4//feed/upgrades/Packages.gz"]http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/mirror/www.op...ckages.gz"[/url],
I'd get "Resolving ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl... 130.89.145.130
Connecting to ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl[130.89.145.130]:80... failed: Address family not supported by protocol."

I searched google and this forum and found the error to have many causes, most unrelated to my setup.  So I don't know what's going on, I might try downmap on a desktop and transfer the maps over to my Z...