Author Topic: Stylus Won't Stay In Silo  (Read 3698 times)

mikew

• View Profile
Stylus Won't Stay In Silo
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:00:19 am »
Having difficulties getting the stylus to stay in the silo on my C760 & its getting worse.

Anyone have any idea how to improve the silo grip so I don't keep replacing the stylus.

Is there a similar problem with newer models as I have a C3200 on order.

Mike
C3200, C760 Cacko 1.23 ROM, 1gb SD, 1gb CF, WiFi, Imate Jasjar & Psion Netbook

icruise

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:41:13 am »
I've heard of people using scotch tape wrapped around the barrel of the stylus to give it a bit more grip.

gromituk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 11:49:12 am »
Just being able to get a replacement stylus in the UK for anything less than silly money seems to be impossible.  Some people are advertising what claim to be Zaurus styli, but they don't have the groove near the pointy end so are incompatible.  I don't want one with a pen and a Swiss army knife built in - I just want a stylus!  

Antikx

• View Profile
    • http://tyrannozaurus.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:25:06 pm »
I bought a used C1000 and it had a Palm stylus in it. I think it's a retractible T3 stylus. Maybe you could try some Palm stylus's. Just an idea.
Kanpai,
-Antikx (Twitter, Mugshot and PodNova)
C1000 - pdaXrom R198 (Celestial Environment)
tyrannozaurus.com
[img]http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/files/category_pictures/general_1.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Zaurus news/blogs feed from Zaurus users
Free Windows, Linux, or Web RSS readers.
Featured pages at tyrannozaurus:
Sharp Petition, ScummVM, Cacko, pdaXii13, and Celestial Environment

rokugo

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 07:42:02 am »
Having difficulties getting the stylus to stay in the silo on my C760 & its getting worse.

Anyone have any idea how to improve the silo grip so I don't keep replacing the stylus.

Is there a similar problem with newer models as I have a C3200 on order.

Mike
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=124031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

There's a springy catch near the bottom of the silo that latches onto the neck/groove of the stylus to keep it in place.
Try sticking in a small piece of paper behind the catch to tighten the fit.

Fortunately you can get to it without opening up the case. Remove the stylus, battery cover and battery and look in the battery compartment, put the stylus back in slowly and you`ll see the catch moving.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 07:51:09 am by rokugo »
currently:  SL-C860 Cacko 1.23 ROM converted to full Japanese
formerly: SL-C1000 Cacko 1.23 ROM converted to full Japanese
Sony WL100 wifi CF card (handed down from old Clie)
A-Data 60X 2GB SD card loaded with Super Daijirin, Green Goddess5, NJECD and Eijiro

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 03:35:16 pm »
the palm T3 stylus works very well, and is a lot nicer to use than the Sharp nasty plastic one... first thing I did was buy a Pentopia stylus from brando - telescopic metal with built-in pen
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

gromituk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 04:31:13 pm »
Well after doing without a stylus for ages now, you've persuaded me to have another go.  The ones I've just ordered look different from the ones I ordered before which didn't have the groove for the catch.  I hope these do or they'll have to go back again!