Author Topic: Navigation Buttons  (Read 4696 times)

tripdad

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« on: July 12, 2006, 08:49:30 pm »
The right navigation button on my AV500 is touchy.  I have to press very firmly to get it to activate and even then it is still flaky.

Has anyone had any issues with the navigation buttons that required warranty repair?  

Thanks,

Tim
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:50:00 pm by tripdad »

and-E-See

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:27:59 am »
The right navigation button on my AV500 is touchy.  I have to press very firmly to get it to activate and even then it is still flaky.

Has anyone had any issues with the navigation buttons that required warranty repair? 

Thanks,

Tim
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=134940\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I sometimes have problems with the centre button, having to press it 'very' firmly.  All other buttons remain fine.

I would also be interested to find if anyone has had similar problems and if they have contacted Archos about this problem

Thanks

tripdad

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:16:02 am »
I have sent an email to Archos regarding the issue.  I am thinking it is best to get the issue resolved now while I am under warranty.  It is not a major issue, but with my luck it will turn into one later.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:16:44 am by tripdad »

and-E-See

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:21:02 pm »
I have sent an email to Archos regarding the issue.  I am thinking it is best to get the issue resolved now while I am under warranty.  It is not a major issue, but with my luck it will turn into one later.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=135008\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I think I might do the same.

What sort of response did you get?

tripdad

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 05:39:11 pm »
No comment from Archos Technical Support, just an RMA Number.  They say it is ~10 business days for turn around on repairs currently.  They also indicated they format the hard drive as part of their procedure for repair.  I bought a 160 gb external drive last week that I had planned to use for regular back-ups.

Your center button issue must really be a pain as this is a primary button.  I would get it fixed as well.

Tim

tripdad

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 08:39:01 pm »
Finally giving up my AV500 for sometime to get the naviagtion button fixed.  Boy, it was hard shipping it away today.  I will post the turn around time for repairs.  Archos claims 10 business days from the day the receive it.  I sent it Fedex ground ($8 with insurance) instead of overnight as it would have been $50 plus.  Hopefully I will have it back within 3 weeks.  Already miss it. :-(

Paris7

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 06:33:04 am »
Finally giving up my AV500 for sometime to get the naviagtion button fixed.  Boy, it was hard shipping it away today.  I will post the turn around time for repairs.  Archos claims 10 business days from the day the receive it.  I sent it Fedex ground ($8 with insurance) instead of overnight as it would have been $50 plus.  Hopefully I will have it back within 3 weeks.  Already miss it. :-(
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=138873\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

ARCHOS make a wonderful product but should be shot for their dreadful customer service.

and-E-See

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 05:54:33 am »
I have to agree their customer service is shocking.

As well as the buttons being a bit difficult my charger has stopped working properly.  I've got to keep a heavy weight on top of it otherwise it turns its self off.

I wrote to Archos via the web site...heard nothing, wrote again...still nothing.

I then phoned the european customer service number who informed me that they could not help me with the buttons problem as that was another department and I had to go through the website.  The Dutch guy I spoke to actually said "good luck with that"!!

He did say that they would send out a new charger though ...brilliant.

That was two weeks ago...no charger.  So I called them back on wednesday and they said I would have to call them back the next day as it had gone five and the department that deals with it has gone home (silly me it was 16:10 in the UK and they are an hour in front in Holland).

So I phoned back on Thursday but they then said they could not help me as the request had go through to the correct department but they had no way in contacting them.  Left me with a reference number and email address that I could try.

Not sure what to do now!  I think I'll live with the buttons though if I sent it away I don't think I'll ever see it again.

If  anyone got a decent contact in Archos who may be able to help then please let me know

Andy

tripdad

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 10:38:44 am »
I have to say that so far I haven't had issues with Archos Technical Support.  However, the email automated support was crap as they suggested a firmware update to fix the movie run time issue - I already stated to them that I had the latest firmware.  When I called the support phone number (US Number) I had a bit of a wait, but the guy was knowledgeable about the product and resolved my issue.  We will see how the RMA works out.
For those of you with stories of horrible support - Is this outside the US?

and-E-See

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 04:04:51 am »
I'm in the UK.  The support centre seems to cover the whole of Europe.

t079

• View Profile
Navigation Buttons
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 07:36:45 am »
i also have problem with off button,

and sometimes when i add files they don't appear on the av500 display screen so i cant play them