Author Topic: Where To Find Socket Bluetooth Cards?  (Read 3129 times)

Stilgar

• View Profile
Where To Find Socket Bluetooth Cards?
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:03:18 pm »
I am attracted by Socket's small form-factor when it comes to CF cards - There would be no reason to take out the bluetooth card every time I fold my zaurus. The question is - how do I get my hands on such a card cheaply? Each retail site is as high as 90$ (without shipment) and I can't find them on eBay (there's only one for sale going on now). Is anyone familiar with a cheap store for such?

Thanks!

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 05:47:08 pm »
just be sure to buy a revision G or later.. there are original E and F devices around but they're actually Nokia cards and can have problems.

I have a not quite so small one, type PANBT010M which only protrudes perhaps 10mm from the case and is thus not inconvenient.. and these are very common and cheap on ebay.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Stilgar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:06:05 pm »
I thought on buying one, but the main consideration is that the case I have for the Zaurus suits it perfectly, so a card sticking outside of the Z will prevent the case from closing.
It is worth mentioning - although I could not find it on the web - that the case was bought from one of the shops in Barcelona's International Airport Duty Free area. The writing on the case says "Contact Innovation accessories" and fits a C3000 (Persumably also C3100 and C3200) perfectly.

It looks something  like this

spectrum

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:07:20 pm »
I thought on buying one, but the main consideration is that the case I have for the Zaurus suits it perfectly, so a card sticking outside of the Z will prevent the case from closing.
It is worth mentioning - although I could not find it on the web - that the case was bought from one of the shops in Barcelona's International Airport Duty Free area. The writing on the case says "Contact Innovation accessories" and fits a C3000 (Persumably also C3100 and C3200) perfectly.

It looks something  like this
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136272\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I just posted mine for sale in the For Sale / Wanted section.  I'm aksing $50 + s/h from zip 20148.  Let me know if you are interested.