Author Topic: Ratpoison Doesn't Fully Maximize Windows  (Read 6401 times)

ShiroiKuma

• View Profile
Ratpoison Doesn't Fully Maximize Windows
« on: July 22, 2006, 03:16:42 am »
I'm using ratpoison found on http://www.focv.com/ipkg/

The issue I have with it is that it doesn't fully maximize the windows, it leaves a little strap to the right and a bigger one on the bottom. This is what it looks like  [ Invalid Attachment ]

How can I fix this?
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Das ganze tschechische Volk ist eine Simulantenbande.[/font][/span]
Militäroberarzt Bautze

ShiroiKuma

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 03:33:35 am »
This is the answer from Ratpoison Wiki:
Why is there a small gap between my terminal and the edge of the screen?

(Most) terminals won't display partial lines, so unless your screen dimensions divide exactly into the font size, you'll get a gap. Centering the window with :gravity or :defwingravity may be more attractive. You can also set color of the root window to match the background color of your terminal
so I guess it can't be "resolved".
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Das ganze tschechische Volk ist eine Simulantenbande.[/font][/span]
Militäroberarzt Bautze

otprof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:32:46 am »
Did you twiddle the font size to see if one makes the margin smaller?  How is Ratpoison working out for you?  I love it on my laptop and am thinking of moving in that direction.  The problem is that I find the stylus "mouse" input to be fairly convenient in things like Sylpheed and Firefox.

Bryan

ShiroiKuma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 10:44:37 am »
Did you twiddle the font size to see if one makes the margin smaller?  How is Ratpoison working out for you?  I love it on my laptop and am thinking of moving in that direction.  The problem is that I find the stylus "mouse" input to be fairly convenient in things like Sylpheed and Firefox.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136242\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Yep, different fonts make it different. I use the font that I've found the best combination on the Z. Size, weight, and is Unicode, so good for Japanese and stuff...

Ratpoison is great on the Z. I think I'm sticking with it. I use mostly Emacs now, for Web, games, reading. Ratpoison is great with it, it's considerably faster than even Fluxbox... So, good, I think.
Militäroberarzt Bautze