Author Topic: Recording Tv On The Av500?  (Read 3994 times)

hindukush

• View Profile
Recording Tv On The Av500?
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:12:51 am »
hello everyone!
i just bought the av500 yesterday and i cannot figure out how to record stuff from the tv on it? Is there anyway to record from the tv using only a dvd player and a tv using the av 500 and the accessories provided? i do not have a vcr or a cable box or a satelite receiver, -  my cable  wire connects directly in to the tv.
i have tried doing what the manual says but the av500 cannot detect any video. However, i am able to display the av500 screen from my av500 on the tv.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

surfer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:05:35 am »
hi!

i do not have any problem recording from TV.

Tell us please which of your cables and how do you connect exactly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 08:10:19 am by surfer »

hindukush

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:20:42 am »
i am connecting one av cable into the av out of the pod and the other end into the tv input. one end of the other av cable is plugged in the av in of the pod and the other end in the output of my dvd player.
helpppppppppppppppp

n0nchalant_2003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 04:58:53 pm »
i have the same problem. just got mine today and i can't make it work...

tat2sailor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 12:43:12 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137532\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

If you guys gonna use the POD, you'll need power supply to it! have you guys got power to it cos there's no mention of the AC jack.

Cheers!

trainmank

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 12:35:30 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137532\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

If you guys gonna use the POD, you'll need power supply to it! have you guys got power to it cos there's no mention of the AC jack.

Cheers!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137578\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Try pressing in the docking pod connector stronger. It requires an extra push to get video to work. I had the same lack of video until I did this

tripdad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 08:18:21 am »
i am connecting one av cable into the av out of the pod and the other end into the tv input. one end of the other av cable is plugged in the av in of the pod and the other end in the output of my dvd player.
helpppppppppppppppp
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=136355\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You will only be able to record DVD from what your setup sounds like.  Unless your TV signal is going through your DVD player somehow.  Play a DVD and see if detects.
If you have a TV output on your TV then try that into the AV in of the POD.  That is what I use when I record my HD channels that I do not get through my VCR.

Good luck,
Tim