Author Topic: Mplayer + Oz 3.5.4.1 On Spitz?  (Read 1769 times)

Stilgar

• View Profile
Mplayer + Oz 3.5.4.1 On Spitz?
« on: August 19, 2006, 11:20:59 am »
I've encoded a movie to a 320x240 , mp3 encoding. I've tried playing it with mplayer on a C3000 machine. However, it uses libsdl which is not functioning too well on this machine.
The -vo fbdev option makes mplayer play this movie in a smaller scale. I found a thread (https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20473) explaining how to fix it up for fbdev playing on a C860. However, the problem is that I cannot control mplayer - no stopping, skipping forward or backward. Makes it not really usable even if I manage to view it correctly full screen.

The error spit out from SDL (inside mplayer) is something in the lines of:
Can't detect machine defaulting to SL5000D detected machine is 'Sharp SL-5000D'

Any suggestions? How to make SDL work correctly with this? Or on a different direction - how to encode movies for playing with the built in opie player?

YoG

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 02:14:25 pm »
I found a thread (https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20473) explaining how to fix it up for fbdev playing on a C860. However, the problem is that I cannot control mplayer - no stopping, skipping forward or backward. Makes it not really usable even if I manage to view it correctly full screen.

The error spit out from SDL (inside mplayer) is something in the lines of:
Can't detect machine defaulting to SL5000D detected machine is 'Sharp SL-5000D'
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I'm not sure if this will help but if you are using the script from [a href=\"https://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20473]that[/url] thread try changing:
Code: [Select]
fbset -n -xres 200 -yres 320;
to
fbset -n -xres 320 -yres 240;
and
mplayer -flip -vf mirror -ac mad -ao oss -framedrop -really-quiet $@;
to
mplayer -flip -vf mirror,expand=320:240,crop=320:240 -framedrop -really-quiet $@;

When I use fbdev I can't control mplayer too, I use the default vo (I guess its SDL).

YoG.
C860 Autobuilt Angstrom (OPIE) & Zubuntu 9.04  dual boot using kexec
SanDisk SDHC 4GB, Agiwara Sys-Com CF 1GB, Sandisk CF 256MB, Socket BT, Linksys WCF12 Wifi card, RoyalTek RBT-1000 Bluetooth GPS
yogzlog.blogspot.com

Stilgar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:10:24 am »
I've narrowed down the problem - I am trying to use the built-in OpiePlayer2. However, I am unable to encode movies for it - movies which play with mplayer would not play with opieplayer - I would get the sound only.
Futher description of the problem can be found at openzaurus-users mailing list (Mail title: Encoding movies for opie-mediaplayer2 running on   a spitz").
I would just like to know if someone managed to encode & watch movies with opieplayer2.