Author Topic: Wireless Mouse Issues  (Read 3524 times)

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://
Wireless Mouse Issues
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:41:34 pm »
Well let me start off with the reason I bought it...
It was 3 dollars cheaper then the No-Name Mini Wireless Mouse...

Now you ask what type if wireless mouse is it?

It is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

I'm debating if I want to take it back or not...

The issue is that it hugs the side of the Screen and will some time make its way to the middle but only travel up and down... or left and right..

Anyone have any experience with this mouse or have this same issue with another and figured out a fix for it?

Thanks
Late
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-6000L
pdaXrom Developer
Please visit pdaXrom.org for updates
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

karlto

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:44:21 am »
If it's a Microsoft mouse, then I'd say this is a feature, not a bug...  
SL6000-L, RC12

adf

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:18:57 am »
If it's a Microsoft mouse, then I'd say this is a feature, not a bug... 
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140722\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
ATM I'm kinda impressed that you got MS anything to connect
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 08:48:36 am »
The only other reason I bought it was because it was a lil' more ergonomic the the other one... but... I guess I will take it back tonight swap for the other one...

Late
pdaXrom Developer
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

Srono

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 04:01:01 pm »
The only other reason I bought it was because it was a lil' more ergonomic the the other one... but... I guess I will take it back tonight swap for the other one...

Late
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140750\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I got MS Wireless laser mouse and i have the same problem
[span style=\'font-size:7pt;line-height:100%\']C3100 /w Meanie's pdaxii13 5.2alpha
SL5500 collecting dust.

[/span]

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 08:10:44 pm »
Took it back and got the cash... realized that i dont have this thing sitting on a flat surface enough to benifit having a wireless mouse... plus my wired usb one works just fine...

Late
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 08:11:20 pm by InSearchOf »
pdaXrom Developer
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 05:04:33 am »
ever considered a trackball mouse. dosent require a flat surfice and is "ergonimic"
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

Drake01

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:13:00 pm »
InSearchOf's issue sounds vaguely similar to mine.  I got a slick little Logitech V450 wireless mouse for Christmas, and I thought this would be perfect for the Z.  It's relatively small, portable, has a "docking port" for the USB transceiver when not in use, supposedly has excellent life on AA batteries... you get the idea.  AND it was only about US$25 (okay, I got it for myself for Christmas. )  

Maybe I should have taken seriously the "system requirement" of Windoze:
Logitech V450

Anyway, I'm trying to use it on a C1000 running Beta 3.  The system seems to recognize it, but I have no horizontal movement with it.  Buttons work, but the cursor only moves vertically... and that's when I'm moving the mouse side-to-side.  Moving the mouse forward and back produces no movement of the cursor.

I've tried this on Win2k and RedHat (I think I'm on Core 4 at home) without any problems.  The mouse functions on both of those OS's as expected, so it's not a Linux compatibility issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?  It seems like it's very nearly working, but movement along one axis is not recognized and movement along the other moves the cursor in the wrong direction.  I have successfully used about 3 different wired optical mice on my Z and never had an issue.

BTW, dmesg produces a large log of info when I connect the mouse.  I tried attaching the output in a text file, but I'm not sure if attachments are working yet.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:13:29 pm by Drake01 »
Device: SL-C3200 running pdaXii13v2 build 5.5.0
Networking: Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN card; Kingston CIO10T CF NIC
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus
GPS: generic "UT-41" USB GPS Receiver
Case: neoprene case from my old Palm foldable keyboard

Ling

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 07:34:32 pm »
I did some looking around on my 3200/beta3, but could not find what I was looking for. I don't think that dmesg will tell you much. I think that you would want to look at the X log. On my Kubuntu box it would be /var/log/Xorg.0.log. It might tell you something. You can start by grep'ing the file for EE and WW. I imagine that you are going to need a different x driver. You might plug it in and try lsusb and see how it is recognized. I bought one of those mini retractable mice and it just worked.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1
Accessories: 4GB Microdrive, 4GB Transcend SD, Linksys WFC12 CF 802.11b, Ambicom CF Modem, Socket Bluetooth

Drake01

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 11:11:10 pm »
I did some looking around on my 3200/beta3, but could not find what I was looking for. I don't think that dmesg will tell you much. I think that you would want to look at the X log. On my Kubuntu box it would be /var/log/Xorg.0.log. It might tell you something. You can start by grep'ing the file for EE and WW. I imagine that you are going to need a different x driver. You might plug it in and try lsusb and see how it is recognized. I bought one of those mini retractable mice and it just worked.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Thanks for the tip.  I'll try to find some more info in the X logs.

I recently got one of the mini retractable mice.  I also have a small corded mouse, and I believe I first tested my Z with a full-sized corded mouse.  All of them "just worked" for me, too.  I hope I can use the new wireless.
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus

InSearchOf

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 09:10:47 pm »
I believe it is a power issue and not a mouse issue... most wireless mice just "emulate" there self as being a standard ps2 mouse from the usb adapter... and wireless recognition is done from there...

I had one... and took it back... there was a user in another thread that bought a "Low Powered" wireless mouse... but he determined this using his own means...

Late
pdaXrom Developer
My Blog
IRC #pdaxrom @ FreeNode

neo_com_3

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 03:07:39 am »
Hi there...

While I am at home I use a powered usb hub. I pluged there a cheap no name wireless mouse that costs 15$. It works just fine...
On the move I have a wired M$ mouse that... works! Well done B$ll...
XDA Flame
Windows Mobile 2005 - 2GB Sandisk MicroSD - PDair case - Plus several extras...
Sharp Zaurus SL-C3200
pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3 & XFCE 4.4.2 & ROX file manager - 80GB External Usb HDD & 4GB TopRam SD & 4GB A-Data SD & 512MB SanDisk SD - DLinkDCF-660W CF WiFi - PDair case - Plus several extras...
Mobile History : Ericsson GA318, Ericsson T28s, Siemens SL45, Nokia 3510i, Nokia 7250i, Siemens S65, Siemens SX1, Nokia 3230, Nokia N70, VPA Compact, SPV M5000, SPV M3100...

Drake01

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 09:10:10 pm »
I believe it is a power issue and not a mouse issue... most wireless mice just "emulate" there self as being a standard ps2 mouse from the usb adapter... and wireless recognition is done from there...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149523\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I don't believe it's a power issue that I'm having...  I get the same behavior with a powered USB hub.

I did some looking around on my 3200/beta3, but could not find what I was looking for. I don't think that dmesg will tell you much. I think that you would want to look at the X log. On my Kubuntu box it would be /var/log/Xorg.0.log. It might tell you something. You can start by grep'ing the file for EE and WW. I imagine that you are going to need a different x driver. You might plug it in and try lsusb and see how it is recognized. I bought one of those mini retractable mice and it just worked. [div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=149386\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I tried unsuccessfully to find any X logs.  And I don't know if there is a way to switch to the console from X so that I can see what messages are displayed.  I suppose I can try creating my own logs by redirecting standard out the next time I start X.

Ling

• View Profile
Wireless Mouse Issues
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 09:33:51 pm »
Sorry I could not be of more help. The pdaXrom structure is sufficiently different from the linux i am used to that I can't find anything. You might want to do some going for you particular mouse and see how folks are getting it to work in linux and see if you can do the same. Sounds like you are more knowledgeable than I am about logging x events.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1
Accessories: 4GB Microdrive, 4GB Transcend SD, Linksys WFC12 CF 802.11b, Ambicom CF Modem, Socket Bluetooth