Author Topic: Hentges Poodle Images With Native Root-on-sd  (Read 3834 times)

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
Hentges Poodle Images With Native Root-on-sd
« on: November 05, 2006, 09:55:46 am »
Hey all,

just in case you haven't been following the "Hentges Rom: New Versioning System" thread,  
here is a little heads-up to new root-on-SD-only Poodle images.

Testing them would be much appreciated.
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

Yasen

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 07:05:36 am »
After 3 or 4 I'll try it and will give some feedback
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:06:01 am by Yasen »
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']SL-5600 PXA-250
noname 256 MB MMC fat,
SanDisk 1GB  CF vfat
[/span]

phisch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:08:52 am »
Hey all,

just in case you haven't been following the "Hentges Rom: New Versioning System" thread, 

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145600\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

The flash (Opie) went fine, but I can't boot up.  It goes along fine, then I get this window which says "A new storage media detected: MMC Card What should I do with it?"  I can't see the whole window but there are a bunch of checkboxes, a text box with title "Limit search to:" and two buttons "Add" and "Remove".  I can "tab" around the window with the direction pad, and change checkboxes with the button, but I can't select "Add" or "Remove" nor does the touchscreen seem to work.  Above this window I see on the console "Loading bootsplash... Use Alt-LeftArrow to see the boot messages."  I can't make this popup window go away or get past this point.  I've tried both "1 Normal Boot" and "3 SD Boot" from the altboot menu and the same thing happens.  Did I do something wrong?
Thanks.

-Phil
SL-5600
Watapon 1.6.1

CoreDump

• View Profile
    • http://www.hentges.net
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:29:24 am »
Hey all,

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145600\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

The flash (Opie) went fine, but I can't boot up.  It goes along fine, then I get this window which says "A new storage media detected: MMC Card What should I do with it?"  I can't see the whole window but there are a bunch of checkboxes, a text box with title "Limit search to:" and two buttons "Add" and "Remove".  I can "tab" around the window with the direction pad, and change checkboxes with the button, but I can't select "Add" or "Remove" nor does the touchscreen seem to work.  Above this window I see on the console "Loading bootsplash... Use Alt-LeftArrow to see the boot messages."  I can't make this popup window go away or get past this point.  I've tried both "1 Normal Boot" and "3 SD Boot" from the altboot menu and the same thing happens.  Did I do something wrong?
Thanks.

-Phil
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=145734\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

You didn't do anything wrong. You've simply hit that [span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\']CURSED[/span] medium-mount  bug of Opie.

I'm at work right now so I can't post a propper work-around, sorry  
Webmaster of hentges.net & Embedded Linux Developer.

koen

• View Profile
    • http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 10:55:08 am »
You didn't do anything wrong. You've simply hit that [span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\']CURSED[/span] medium-mount  bug of Opie.

That's what you get for opie being "polished"
Forums are not bugtrackers!!! Smart questions
Ångström release team
iPAQ h2210, iPAQ h5550, iPAQ hx4700, Zaurus SL-C700, Nokia 770, all running some form of GPE
My blog