Author Topic: Libxml-parser-perl Doesn't Work  (Read 5175 times)

ShiroiKuma

• View Profile
Libxml-parser-perl Doesn't Work
« on: December 06, 2006, 04:11:29 am »
I'm using GPE 3.5.4.1 on an SL-C3200 and having problems with XML Parser.

I've installed the one from the feed but it bombs with an error when required by Perl, the problem is the file  /usr/lib/perl5/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.so

In fact, when building libxml-parser-perl with OpenEmbedded it gives a fatal error on stripping the same file, but it goes and completes the build, but it's unusable.

I tried compiling XML Parser natively on the Z, but I get "no rule to make target /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/ExtUtils/typemap" error and haven't discovered how to fix it.

Has anyone built a working XML Parser for Perl?
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']Das ganze tschechische Volk ist eine Simulantenbande.[/font][/span]
Militäroberarzt Bautze

Wildherb

• View Profile
Libxml-parser-perl Doesn't Work
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:44:20 am »
Quote from: ShiroiKuma
I'm using GPE 3.5.4.1 on an SL-C3200 and having problems with XML Parser.

I've installed the one from the feed but it bombs with an error when required by Perl, the problem is the file  /usr/lib/perl5/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.so

In fact, when building libxml-parser-perl with OpenEmbedded it gives a fatal error on stripping the same file, but it goes and completes the build, but it's unusable.

I tried compiling XML Parser natively on the Z, but I get "no rule to make target /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/ExtUtils/typemap" error and haven't discovered how to fix it.

Has anyone built a working XML Parser for Perl?

I've got exactly the same error while trying to build Compress::Raw::Zlib

I've not found a way round this
C3000 running OpenBSD 4.4
C3100 running OpenZaurus