Author Topic: Pdaxii13 On Nand  (Read 101300 times)

hughsieman

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2007, 02:52:22 pm »
Thank you for the info above.

I have downloaded all of the files in your post but one thing I forgot to mention is that I am using the full version with the hd image extracted to the microdrive.

It mentions on the upgrade page here:-

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/?q=wiki/Zauru...gebase/Pdaxii13

That as I am using the full version I will need to flash my Zaurus, install the latest hdd image (which I refer to above) and also use the pdaXii13-custom.tgz file.

Therefore, I have also downloaded the latest hdimage-full.tgz, which I think is 5.4.7, and I'm ready to go I think.

Please would you confirm that this is the case. I want to update fully to 5.4.8 but keep my /data and installed apps together with my general settings.

Also, I would be very grateful if you would explain what each of these upgrade files and processes actually does just so that I understand what is happening.

Thanks very much for your help.

hughsieman

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #331 on: August 19, 2007, 09:23:42 am »
Right, I've done this now but I reflashed the NAND as well and am now back to a clean install. At least my /data is intact.

I flashed the NAND, reinstalled the latest hdd image and then used the pdaxii13-custom.tgz to upgrade. I did all of this from the installer menu. It's no big deal, I'll just set it back up again and reinstall my extra apps but please could someone confirm that to upgrade in future all I need to do is install the hdd image and use the latest pdaxii13-custom.tgz file and that this will upgrade my kernel and installation to the latest version.

Also, I have noticed that on the Info tab of the config tool it now says pdaXii13 build 5.4.8 "Alice". Should this not be Sally or Akita on an SL-C3200.

Thanks for the help.

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2007, 07:48:38 pm »
Right, I've done this now but I reflashed the NAND as well and am now back to a clean install. At least my /data is intact.

I flashed the NAND, reinstalled the latest hdd image and then used the pdaxii13-custom.tgz to upgrade. I did all of this from the installer menu. It's no big deal, I'll just set it back up again and reinstall my extra apps but please could someone confirm that to upgrade in future all I need to do is install the hdd image and use the latest pdaxii13-custom.tgz file and that this will upgrade my kernel and installation to the latest version.

Also, I have noticed that on the Info tab of the config tool it now says pdaXii13 build 5.4.8 "Alice". Should this not be Sally or Akita on an SL-C3200.

Thanks for the help.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

updater.sh is the installer program

tools.tar contains some tools required by the installer and also contains the updated kernels (the kernels don't change very often so there is no need to redownload this file each time)

initrd.bin contains the rootfs and other skeleton filesystem. by flashing this file, your flash will be wiped and overrridden with the content of the initrd.bin

hdimage-full.tgz contains the extended rootfs for the MicroDrive capable Zaurii and by installing it, the roofts and all its contents are also overridden, ie the contents of the first MD partition is overrriden with the contents of the hdimage file. The third partition (mounted as /data) is not touched.

for most upgrades, all you need is updater.sh, tools.tar and pdaXii13-custom.tgz which just updates various files for you but won't require you to replace your rootfs which the initrd.bin and hdimage-full.tgz requires

when doing the upgrade using the pdaXii13-custom.tgz, some of the packages are not updated and requires you to manual upgrade those packages as described in the release notes.
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2007, 12:06:42 am »
build 5.4.9 has been uploaded. it fixes and improves on a few things in 5.4.8. see the release notes...
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)

Raul

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #334 on: August 25, 2007, 03:08:00 am »
I've upgraded to akita on nand and firefox segment faults every time and very soon after launching. It's unusable. Is there anything I can do?
It was better with 5.4.8

jpmatrix

• View Profile
    • http://matrixmen.free.fr
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #335 on: August 25, 2007, 04:04:18 am »
I've upgraded to akita on nand and firefox segment faults every time and very soon after launching. It's unusable. Is there anything I can do?
It was better with 5.4.8
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166668\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

strange...
it should be akita-version related because on my c3000 5.4.8 upgraded to 5.4.9 it is working good...
**Fujitsu U1010 !!!  
**ex-Zaurus SL-C3000 owner with Debian kernel 2.6.24-yonggun

snk4ever

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2007, 04:10:35 am »
Is it possible to use PDAxii13 on a C760 ?
If so, what version should I use ?

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2007, 04:21:28 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167070\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

try pdaXii13 Charlie. it is still very experimental due to lack of testers and test machine.
you will need to install pdaXrom beta1 and upgrade to pdaXii13 Charlie using the pdaXii13-custom.tgz method...
see the pdaXii13 upgrade thread...

snk4ever

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2007, 04:32:43 am »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167070\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

try pdaXii13 Charlie. it is still very experimental due to lack of testers and test machine.
you will need to install pdaXrom beta1 and upgrade to pdaXii13 Charlie using the pdaXii13-custom.tgz method...
see the pdaXii13 upgrade thread...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167072\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

OK, thanks for the answer. The problem is that I use my C760 now so I have to take probably one week-end to backup my cacko, try this pdax, discuss on the board (or through IRC ?) and restore the cacko probably for the next week.
So don't expect infos soon. I'll read the pdaXii13 upgrade thread though.