Author Topic: Gpe-calender: Repair Corrupted Database File?  (Read 5054 times)

jan

• View Profile
    • http://www.spacezone.de/zaurus/articles/
Gpe-calender: Repair Corrupted Database File?
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:35:19 am »
Hi,
yesterday my Z with latest OZ/GPE crashed. So I had to remove the battery for a rough reboot.

Now GPE calendar is empty, but the file ~/.gpe/calendar exist with non-zero size. IIRC this is a SQLite database file and I assume it was corrupted during the crash. Are you aware of a tool to analyse or repair this file?

Thanks
Jan
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:36:25 am by jan »

SL-C860 (Boxer), OZ 3.5.4.1 GPE 2.7
my blog

Drake01

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 10:08:22 pm »
IIRC this is a SQLite database file and I assume it was corrupted during the crash. Are you aware of a tool to analyse or repair this file?
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I'm sure that it's a SQLite database.  GPE-Contacts is, which is how I managed to get my data imported from my old PDA.  Since the import function was broken, it took me a while to figure out SQLite and manually import the data.

I wish I could help with the analysis part, but I'm not too familiar with SQLite.  [a href=\"http://www.sharewareguide.net/Business/Database-Management/sqlite-analyzer.html]This page[/url] advertises a GUI tool that might be helpful.  There's a free trial download, which may or may not be too crippled to be helpful.
Device: SL-C3200 running pdaXii13v2 build 5.5.0
Networking: Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN card; Kingston CIO10T CF NIC
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus
GPS: generic "UT-41" USB GPS Receiver
Case: neoprene case from my old Palm foldable keyboard

jan

• View Profile
    • http://www.spacezone.de/zaurus/articles/
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:17:14 am »
The database was OK. The date was wrong. And it took me two days to find out. I'm feeling bad.

SL-C860 (Boxer), OZ 3.5.4.1 GPE 2.7
my blog

Drake01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 07:00:02 pm »
The database was OK. The date was wrong. And it took me two days to find out. I'm feeling bad.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160069\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
 At least any feeling of embarrassment also came with a sigh of relief!
Device: SL-C3200 running pdaXii13v2 build 5.5.0
Networking: Symbol Spectrum24 WLAN card; Kingston CIO10T CF NIC
Storage: 4GB Transcend 150x SD; 16GB Transcend 133x CF; 4GB Seagate CF HDD; 4GB Patriot SD
HID: Logitech V450 Laser Mouse; generic silicone USB keyboard; 2 generic optical mice; stock plastic stylus
GPS: generic "UT-41" USB GPS Receiver
Case: neoprene case from my old Palm foldable keyboard