Author Topic: Tkc/sharp 3.13 Roms W/ 2 Gig Sd/home Fix  (Read 22512 times)

pengunassasin

• View Profile
    • http://
Tkc/sharp 3.13 Roms W/ 2 Gig Sd/home Fix
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 10:47:34 am »
So I already have a 1gig Home on SD Cacko (obviously)... so effectively, to use the 2gig update, i'd simply shove this onto a CF card formatted fat16, Bootable, shove that into my Z, flash, reset, run? does this also fix the Cant-Sync-With-QTopia problem?
Cacko/Crow rom from Schwag (rom --.--) on an SL-5500 with
AmbiCom 802.11b wifi card (CF) + 1gb SanDisl SD Card (/home/) Usb-storage_1.0.0_arm and sudo_2.3_unofficial for mounting /home/ as a removable ext2 disk
ext2ifs for WinXP QTopia Desktop 2 (some version)
HancomOffice (Word, Sheet, Presenter) from Stock SHARP rom (ripped by hand!)

tux

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 05:20:59 pm »
So I already have a 1gig Home on SD Cacko (obviously)... so effectively, to use the 2gig update, i'd simply shove this onto a CF card formatted fat16, Bootable, shove that into my Z, flash, reset, run? does this also fix the Cant-Sync-With-QTopia problem?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
 Point 1: Not quite. You'd need to run the home-on-sd script and reinstall all your apps. I find that sticking all the ipks on the flashing CF card is useful. Then just ipkg install *.ipk from the console while in the /mnt/cf directory. If you then use the package installer and uninstall one of your apps and then reinstall the links are sorted for you.  

Point 2: Do you mean synching with Qtopia desktop in Linux? If so, no joy, this was lost with the Sharp 3.10 roms.

Cheers
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

pengunassasin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 08:02:44 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Point 1: Not quite. You'd need to run the home-on-sd script and reinstall all your apps. I find that sticking all the ipks on the flashing CF card is useful. Then just ipkg install *.ipk from the console while in the /mnt/cf directory. If you then use the package installer and uninstall one of your apps and then reinstall the links are sorted for you.  

I had the home-on-sd script once uppon a time (I tried a TCK2.0/beta2 on SD... it didnt work...), but i lost it.

Point 2: Do you mean synching with Qtopia desktop in Linux? If so, no joy, this was lost with the Sharp 3.10 roms.

Cheers
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167824\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

and not quite -- i just want the built in FTP server so i can get files onto it... i've tried tftpd-2 and its going insane....

Cant we silently overlay qtopia-1.6 ontop of a sharp rom?
Cacko/Crow rom from Schwag (rom --.--) on an SL-5500 with
AmbiCom 802.11b wifi card (CF) + 1gb SanDisl SD Card (/home/) Usb-storage_1.0.0_arm and sudo_2.3_unofficial for mounting /home/ as a removable ext2 disk
ext2ifs for WinXP QTopia Desktop 2 (some version)
HancomOffice (Word, Sheet, Presenter) from Stock SHARP rom (ripped by hand!)