Author Topic: For Sale: C1000  (Read 5347 times)

benplaut

• View Profile
For Sale: C1000
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:10:55 pm »
I was given this toy a long time ago, and after two weeks of messing with ROMs, it was just collecting dust.  Battery probably has <5 cycles on it, and it has never been anywhere other than in my hand at home, or inside of a padded case.  It's pretty much new, as I haven't found any real use for it yet.  Comes with both chargers, lanyard, dummy cards, USB host cable, and as many Japanese manuals as I can find. I'll throw in the case, which fits like a glove and protects pretty darn well.  Right now it's running pdaXii13, but I can flash (or leave it) to whatever you want.

I'm selling because I really haven't found a use for this nice toy... too small to type and too large to keep in pocket  

Shipping is from Hawaii to anywhere you'd like (you pay for shipping, and you pay first).

My asking price is $250, but I'll keep anything reasonable in mind.  Drop me a PM, reply, and/or send an email to bplaut [at] gmail.

Mahalo!  
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:14:10 am by benplaut »

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 04:10:42 pm »
the nanobook is better than the eee!! or a used but nice condition Sony TX, or the a used Kohjinsha.. all these are "real" computers! or, why not the nokia 810 if you want a step up from Zaurus but still need portability.

sorry, I didn't mean to steal your 'for sale' thunder, but think you *might* be disappointed with the eee.
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

benplaut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:19:51 pm »
I was seriously considering either a picturebook or nanobook, but there's one big, huge difference--community.  The Zaurus, Eee, and 810 (which I don't want for lack of keyboard) all have active communities.  People do things.  That's more important than a gig of ram, for me.

No worries on the stealing thunder--free bump

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 07:42:30 pm »
The N810 does have a keyboard, FWIW.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

benplaut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 08:37:52 pm »
Thumbboard... OK for tapping, but not for typing.

I've put lots of typing into a subnotebook keyboard (larger than the Eee, actually) and gotten a steady 50wpm.  Thumbboards top out at about 25 (for me), and my thumbs start to hurt.  Not great for typing documents.

harvell

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 02:51:17 am »
I just got the Eee from Archimark for my wife.  The little guy is pretty cool so far.  Since it's her Christmas gift I cant' really customize it too much but I must say the web pages render great.  I was able to load Gimp and customize the easy GUI pretty quickly.  For less than $400 I thought it was a great buy.  The keyboard is pretty tight but I'm able to type on it pretty good.  I just have to get used to the backspace and shift keys.
C1000 w/...  Cacko Lite (When I use the Z alot for business)... pdaXrom (when I see something cool and want to try it.  Best way for me to learn shell commands)
Eee PC for Mrs. Harvell  
4G SD

dlj0

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 09:25:07 am »
Quote from: harvell
I just got the Eee from Archimark for my wife.  The little guy is pretty cool so far.  Since it's her Christmas gift I cant' really customize it too much but I must say the web pages render great.  I was able to load Gimp and customize the easy GUI pretty quickly.  For less than $400 I thought it was a great buy.  The keyboard is pretty tight but I'm able to type on it pretty good.  I just have to get used to the backspace and shift keys.

Just curious:  What kind of linux distribution is on that, and would it be easy enough to customize?  What kernel?
Zaurus:  SL C3100
ROM:  eabi debian/sid

benplaut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 01:41:56 pm »
It's a modified Xandros.  Not sure about modification, but you can install anything on the machine.  It's a standard x86, afaik.

benplaut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:14:45 am »
long time bump... I forgot about this bugger again, and that I was trying to sell it!

TeraHurtz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 11:35:41 pm »
Quote from: benplaut
long time bump... I forgot about this bugger again, and that I was trying to sell it!

You still have it for sale?