Author Topic: Browser Installation  (Read 2341 times)

AeroSigma

• View Profile
Browser Installation
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:18:33 pm »
I've got an SL-6000 (Tosa) with r8 and I am trying to install a web browser. gpe-mini-browser installs but when I tell it to go to a page, it just disaplays "loading" forever, so I thought I'd try a different browser. However, whenever I try to install minimo or openmoko-browser2 ipkg fails with a "no space left on drive" error. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I have my ROM partitioned incorrectly? I wouldn't expect it to fail when just installing one program and it's dependancies.

EDIT: I think this is happeneing because It's trying to install to the / partition, which is 28.0M large, with 19.6M used, as opposed to the /home partition, which is 29.0M and 2.1M respectivly after a fresh NAND restore then update. Shouldn't ipkg be installing packages to /home? Or perhaps Angstrom should be using a standard linux filesystem with / and /home on the same partition of all 64M ROM?

-AeroSiga
SL-6000L - Sharp ROM
Tetsu's Kernel

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
Browser Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:41:13 pm »
As of a while back, installing packages to anything but / was borked in Angstrom. I don't know if that is still the case or not.
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo