Author Topic: Android On Ipaq?  (Read 38625 times)

whtslmndr

• View Profile
Android On Ipaq?
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:50:24 pm »
Just curious to see if anyone has tried to port Android over to Ipaq? I figured someone running angstrom would have tried by now.
"Garbage In Garbage out"

1- Sl-6000l Tosa.. sharp rom/ OpenZaurus/Angstrom (whichever I feel like)
1- SL-3200 Open Zaurus
0- sl-5000d _died young

• View Profile
Android On Ipaq?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:12:10 am »
Quote from: whtslmndr
Just curious to see if anyone has tried to port Android over to Ipaq? I figured someone running angstrom would have tried by now.

On iPaq most of the kernel builded for Angstrom were 2.6.23 below ... so since the 1st release of android sdk is build for 2.6.23 ...

Since we do not have the source of Android ... so with diff and cracking techniques to get it work on a lower kernel build is a tough job.

Hope my explanation gives u some idea.

Regards,

leo

• View Profile
Android On Ipaq?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:24:27 am »

Yes, i tried (borrowed chroot installation from www.omegamoon.com) on HX4705. Touchscreen didnt work. buttons worked randomly. But I can tell you it looked awesome. I have sold my pda since then. Waiting for actual Android based hardware to come out. I also own the iphone and i can tell that if something can beat the iphone its an Android based phone

• View Profile
Android On Ipaq?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 09:15:45 pm »
Quote from: leo

Yes, i tried (borrowed chroot installation from www.omegamoon.com) on HX4705. Touchscreen didnt work. buttons worked randomly. But I can tell you it looked awesome. I have sold my pda since then. Waiting for actual Android based hardware to come out. I also own the iphone and i can tell that if something can beat the iphone its an Android based phone

Hi Whtslmndr,

Since you have successfully port over Android to HP Ipaq device.
So I wonder how may it possible now, to recompile a later release of Linux kernel + Android to run on Ipaq h2200?
(Since the Android source ard available)

I heard the reason being no kernel build >= 2.6.23 is due to the unresolved NAND memory mechanism something ... will that be a difficulty that I should taken care of too?

Please kindly give me some guides/hints if you know how, thanks.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:19:14 pm by Avatar Ng »