Author Topic: Sl-c3000 - Usb Not Working !  (Read 11490 times)

dwn77

• View Profile
Sl-c3000 - Usb Not Working !
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »
Please! I have a problem with my Zaurus and already tried by all the posts and not found anything! I do not see the demand for more options! If not with people who understand him better! I noticed the same problem with the User evilsocket on 18 topics to be down! I am thinking of the sharp call to see if they know something about it! If someone can help me! I am very grateful! Thank you![size="3"][/size]

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:09:19 pm »
sadly, calling Sharp for help will not do much for you given they abandoned the Zaurus over a year ago, even if you did speak perfect Japanese!

what's the nature of your problem. is it USB networking, or (more likely) USB mass storage i.e. accessing the memory in the Z when it's plugged into a desktop computer?
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 10:10:48 pm »

Hello! Speculatrix! I really agree with you, yesterday I called the repair center of SHARP in Nagoya, Japan. And the only thing I reported was that the models slcs this option would have been disabled! Unlike the standard export models. Is this true? I have my doubts! But the problem is that the USB, in the case of external peripherals nothing works, even trying to mount them! I am thinking of opening it to see if any jumper ah that enable it.

utx

• View Profile
    • http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:50:53 am »
Quote from: dwn77

Hello! Speculatrix! I really agree with you, yesterday I called the repair center of SHARP in Nagoya, Japan. And the only thing I reported was that the models slcs this option would have been disabled! Unlike the standard export models. Is this true? I have my doubts! But the problem is that the USB, in the case of external peripherals nothing works, even trying to mount them! I am thinking of opening it to see if any jumper ah that enable it.

There are no jumpers inside (see photos on my home page). I have never heard about any model with disabled USB. It's even hard to disable it - it's a feature of the processor itself. You could try diagnostic menu to test your USB. There is no easy way to damage it, so I guess that your problem could be a software issue.

It is an OTG device, but most distributions need manual host/client switching for it.

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 12:41:52 pm »
Hello! UTX!   Really agree with you, no jumpers, after today's show, I was thinking of opening it, I decided to do it, and soon realized that there would be jumpers, at least that was done through activation of links in the circuit, another would be through of your NAND, I utima vizita the NAND, I understand, any reference configuration for USB, but I do not remember what it was! That my visit to the NAND, I could not prove the conclusion, the setting, it got a lock on the keyboard, when I gave a check in the system, and ended up losing the Zaurus motherboard which cost me $ 160.00 on a new motherboard! But do not discount the issue of the problem is the software! Know something about this reference to USB in NAND?[size="2"][/size]

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 12:56:29 pm »
This is a log of the system, if someone can help me, telling me what is happening, I thank you ahead! Thank you very much!  

pxa_pcmcia_suspend(0)
monitor_hotplug: agent: usbd interface: monitor action: suspend
udc_disable: ep0_urb already NULL
udc_disable: ep0_urb already NULL
usbdcore: usbdcore 0.1 035 2002-06-12 20:00 exiting
monitor_pm_event: suspend finished (rc=0)
usbh: monitor_hotplug: agent: usbh interface: monitor action: suspend
usbh: monitor_pm_event: suspend finished (rc=0)
pxa_sd_wait_response: responce time out (cmd=07 MMC_STAT=0x2142)
pxa_pcmcia_suspend(1)
sharp_sl_nand_suspend
jack=0
resume virtual_wakeup_factor=00000000 (src=9801a003)
jack=0
jack=0
jack=0
resume virtual_wakeup_factor=00000001 (src=9801a003)
resume logical_wakeup_factor=00000001 (src=ae000019)
FCS : CCCR = 2000210
sharp_sl_nand_resume
pxa_pcmcia_init(0)
pxa_pcmcia_init(1)
new hp status=0
pxa_sd_wait_response: responce time out (cmd=52 MMC_STAT=0x2142)
pxa_sd_wait_response: responce time out (cmd=05 MMC_STAT=0x2142)
[SD]-clustsize = 10000
usbh: hotplug_schedule_bh: schedule bh
hotplug_schedule_bh: schedule bh
usbh: hotplug_bh:
usbh: udc_connected: ACTIVE_LOW: 0<7>usbh: monitor_connected: 0
usbh: monitor_restore: RESTORE_UNLOADED
usbh: monitor_hotplug: agent: usbh interface: monitor action: restore-unloaded
hotplug_bh:
monitor_connected: 1
monitor_restore: RESTORE_LOADED
monitor_hotplug: agent: usbd interface: monitor action: restore-loaded
pxa_pcmcia_suspend(0)
usbdcore: usbdcore 0.1 035 2002-06-12 20:00 (dbg="")
storage_fd: storage_fd 0.1 035 2002-06-12 20:00 (OUT=64,IN=64)
storage_fd: vendorID: 4dd productID: 9050
pxa27x_bi 0.1-alpha 035 2002-06-12 20:00 (dbg="")
bi_modinit: call udc_startup_events
bi_device_event: call udc_enable
bi_device_event: call udc_all_interrupts
udc_connect: usb-device is not active.

Capn_Fish

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:52:45 pm »
You're trying to get USB host to work, right? Have you made sure to "modprobe ohci-hcd"?
SL-C750- pdaXrom beta 1 (mostly unused)
Current distro: Gentoo

utx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 06:11:25 am »
Quote from: Capn_Fish
You're trying to get USB host to work, right? Have you made sure to "modprobe ohci-hcd"?

And rmmod pxa27x_udc module. You need to rmmod all modules using it before being able to remove this one (e. g. g_ether, g_file_storage,...)

Notes:

- There is no known way to damage SL-Cxx00 with any software tool. even completely erased NAND can be recovered using ROM bootloader.

- You did not specify distribution you use, module names may differ

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 09:35:40 am »
Hello! Friends! Sorry if I am not explaining correctly.  

My Zaurus eh:
SL-C3000 ROM v.1.11 JP
Linux Kernel v.2.4.20
Qtopia v.1.5.4
Cacko 1-23 linux SLC3Kb1

The following modules were installed:
usb-camera-modules-2
usb-network-modules-2
usb-storage-modules-2
and
zmouse_0.1
auto-c3000_0
usbmgr-1.0.0-2
usbutils-0.11-1

Now removed "all 3 modules usb's." I test all the possible ways to meet the net.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I do not have good level of understanding unix, still have much to learn.[size="2"][/size]

utx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 09:46:23 am »
Cacko 1-23 linux SLC3Kb1

Well, maybe distro dependent Cacko forum would be more appropriate. There is 99% chance, that your problem is sofware related, not hardware related.

I test all the possible ways to meet the net.

Please also explain, what are you trying to do. Are you trying to get USB host (to connect e. g. USB mouse, USB memory,...)? Are you trying to get USB networking? Are you trying to connect your Zaurus as a mass strorage device to your computer? Each of these possibilities need a different setup. In latter two cases, also the operating system of the machine you are trying to connect to also matters.

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 06:36:59 pm »
Hello! Friend! UTX, Thank you! For me return, and be willing to help me! I am answering your questions!

Please also explain, what are you trying to do. Are you trying to get USB host (to connect e. g. USB mouse, USB memory,...)?

Yes, I am trying to get USB host, for the following items: Mouse, Keyboard, Pen-drive, external HDD and WebCam.

Are you trying to get USB networking?

Not, I'm accessing the net, using a CF card Buffalo, Wli-CF-S11G, by the way this is working correctly.

Are you trying to connect your Zaurus as a mass strorage device to your computer?

Not, today, does not pay to do that!

utx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 03:27:39 am »
Yes, I am trying to get USB host, for the following items: Mouse, Keyboard, Pen-drive, external HDD and WebCam.

I don't know high level tools in Cacko. Maybe there is a tool for switching to host mode.

The low level way consists from:

- rmmod all USB client/gadget modules.

- modprobe usb-ohci (actually, if it was loaded together with client modules, you have to do rmmod on it and then modprobe again)

- Now you should have USB host mode (lsusb shows a host controller and any attached device, dmesg shows protocol)

You cannot connect any device, that need or claim need of >150mA (HDD, maybe webcam, even some USB flash memories) directly - Zaurus will refuse to power it. You need a powered USB hub. If you are advanced hardware hacker, you can modify your Zaurus to provide 500mA (replace one resistor on the mainboard and modify the kernel).

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 01:49:23 am »

Hello! UTX! Sorry for the delay in returning, I'm trying to understand what is happening with my Zaurus.

Following your tip, I did the following.

# rmmod - all
# lsmod - to list the modules loaded
# modprobe usb-ohci
modprobe: Can not locate module usb-ohci
# modprobe usb-uhci
modprobe: Can not locate module usb-uhci
# modprobe usbserial
modprobe: Can not locate module usbserial
# modprobe usb-storage
# modprobe usbcore

# lsmod - to see changes

Hey it seems that my problem eh just software, but I do not understand why it can not find the modules ohci, uhci, serial.

The following packages are installing:

usb-camera-modules-2.4.20
usb-network-modules-2.4.20
usb-storage-modules-2.4.20
ntfs-modules-2.4.20
zmouse-0.1
usbmgr-1.0.0-2
usbutils-0.11-1

This missing some module in the list?

Right now I'm looking for in net a script to mount the storage, and only because it seems that this ok!

I do not know how that mounts in the hand in zaurus!

utx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 06:37:07 am »
# modprobe usb-ohci
modprobe: Can not locate module usb-ohci

The packages your mention are probably intended for USB client mode. USB host mode package should have "ohci" in the name. I am not using cacko, so I cannot help you in finding of the correct module.

dwn77

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 07:10:31 pm »
 Hello! UTX! Thanks for your help up here!
I am still looking for a solution to my problem.
If I can not, try other systems, such as Openzaurus or even OpenBSD.

Again.

Thank you!

You and all who tried to help me solve this problem!