Author Topic: Nand Restore Issues  (Read 4873 times)

chooterbloom

• View Profile
Nand Restore Issues
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:34:56 pm »
I'm pretty sure I've bricked my c1000

I tried installing OZ and got a kernel panic... I've tried using the NAND from Trisoft with the "DM menu" but it comes up with "file: SYSTC100.DBK' not exist file.
Have I cooked it?

utx

• View Profile
    • http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/
Nand Restore Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:14:15 pm »
Quote from: chooterbloom

I tried installing OZ and got a kernel panic... I've tried using the NAND from Trisoft with the "DM menu" but it comes up with "file: SYSTC100.DBK' not exist file.
Have I cooked it?

You cannot brick production C1000 by a bad kernel. Did you use SD or CF card? You cannot use SDHC for that.

I am not sure about the directory you have the backup file to put to, but you can try Backup and you'll easily see it.

Maybe even installation of new kernel from the Japanese "OK menu" may be sufficient.

chooterbloom

• View Profile
Nand Restore Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:51:39 am »
Quote from: utx

Have I cooked it?

You cannot brick production C1000 by a bad kernel. Did you use SD or CF card? You cannot use SDHC for that.

I am not sure about the directory you have the backup file to put to, but you can try Backup and you'll easily see it.

Maybe even installation of new kernel from the Japanese "OK menu" may be sufficient.

That's just the ticket... I was trying it from a SDHC card and thus nogo.
What might be your suggestion for a decent distro? One that comes with Prism drivers would be great...

utx

• View Profile
    • http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus/
Nand Restore Issues
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:04:58 am »
What might be your suggestion for a decent distro? One that comes with Prism drivers would be great...

I am using Angstrom unstable branch. If you are ready to do some hacking before being able to work, then it runs well.

See my signature for details.