Author Topic: Last Known Sharp Rom For Sl-5500 Where?  (Read 6083 times)

tzadikem

• View Profile
Last Known Sharp Rom For Sl-5500 Where?
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »
I have picked up a SL-5500 with OpenZaurus on it and was wondering if anyone has the original Sharp ROM that I can put on a CompactFlash card to get back to factory?  I would like to load a sharp ROM that works with CACKO, if that helps?

I believe I need both the image and initrd.bin but correct me if I am wrong as I am a bit new to this.....

I have looked around here in the forum a bit and it seems that most of the links goto myzaurus which no longer works.  I have also links to zaurususergroup.org but that also has an error on all downloads at the bottom of the page  that says:
Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /home/.nika/offroadgeek/zaurususergroup.org/includes/pnSession.php on line 368

thanks!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:09:11 pm by tzadikem »

tux

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
Quote from: tzadikem
I have picked up a SL-5500 with OpenZaurus on it and was wondering if anyone has the original Sharp ROM that I can put on a CompactFlash card to get back to factory?  I would like to load a sharp ROM that works with CACKO, if that helps?

I believe I need both the image and initrd.bin but correct me if I am wrong as I am a bit new to this.....

I have looked around here in the forum a bit and it seems that most of the links goto myzaurus which no longer works.  I have also links to zaurususergroup.org but that also has an error on all downloads at the bottom of the page  that says:
Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /home/.nika/offroadgeek/zaurususergroup.org/includes/pnSession.php on line 368

thanks!
 Follow this thread: Sharp and TKCrom with 2GB SD card 'patch'. The first couple of posts give versions of the latest Sharp rom and the tkc rom with a fix to break the 1GB barrier. Further down the thread I give a link to a zimage file that should work fine. If the link is now dead reply here and I'll attach  a Sharp zimage.

Cheers

3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

tzadikem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 01:05:06 am »
Pardon me for being so new to this but when I use the
initrd.bin_sharprom3.13_sl5500.2g.sd.fix.gz
from the link you gave me below and an Zimage from TKC (The Kompany) it boots saying The Kompany and doesn't have all the apps that I believe are part of the Rom 3.13 (sharp) including some of the games and su.  So, I guess I really am looking for an actual share 3.12 Zimage so that when it boots it says Sharp and not openzaurus or The Kompany, etc.  Does this make sense?

thanks.
Quote from: tux

thanks!
 Follow this thread: Sharp and TKCrom with 2GB SD card 'patch'. The first couple of posts give versions of the latest Sharp rom and the tkc rom with a fix to break the 1GB barrier. Further down the thread I give a link to a zimage file that should work fine. If the link is now dead reply here and I'll attach  a Sharp zimage.

Cheers

tux

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 06:04:23 am »
from the link you gave me below and an Zimage from TKC (The Kompany) it boots saying The Kompany and doesn't have all the apps that I believe are part of the Rom 3.13 (sharp) including some of the games and su.  So, I guess I really am looking for an actual share 3.12 Zimage so that when it boots it says Sharp and not openzaurus or The Kompany, etc.  Does this make sense?

thanks.

thanks!

Cheers

Try the attached file. It contains the Sharp applications that are left out of the tkc rom. For su etc you need to find a feed. There are a few out there still. Try looking on Community links on the forum menu bar: you might also look at ELSI on that menu. You can also look at the ipks on the ZUG cacko feed. Look at the options on the left hand side of the ZUG main page or follow this link: ZUG feed.

I hope that helps.

I'd recommend sticking with the rom you have flashed. I'd particularly recommend reading the thread it came from about 'Home on SD'. Very useful mod.

Have fun!
3200 aka BigZ, swapped in 16GB Sandisk Extreme III CF, Cacko 1.23 full,  new SDHC >2GB module,
SL860 Cacko 1.23 full, new SDHC >2GB module,
6000L SharpRom 1.12 + Tetsu kernel,
5500 TKC home on SD x 2 (with SD>1GB),
Archos PMA30 with OPEN PMA (Giraffe),
Nokia 770 (Hackers Edition)
Nokia 800 (ITOS 2008), 4GB SDHC x 2
Asus eeepc 4G (black), with 1GB ram, dual boot Xandros on SSD with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on 16 GB SDHC,
Tmobile G1 Android (black), with Cyanogen's  Firerat's MTD script and Amon Ra Recovery 1.7.0
Tmobile HTC Wildfire.. rooted and on Cyanogen's 7.3 nightly Rom
Kopi/Kapi on everything bar the phone and the Nokias, there is a beta for the nokias...

All the above are retired

Samsung Note 8 N5110
Samsung Note N7105
FBreader on the lot!

tzadikem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:43:41 pm »
Thanks.  I loaded and still see that the TKC is missing the USB link and in the Network settings there is only Bluetooth stuff listed not USB.  So,  I  am going to try Open Zaurus 3.5.4 and will see if it has the applications and also the USB network connection.  Hopefully the link below will help others.    

thanks.

thanks!

Cheers

Try the attached file. It contains the Sharp applications that are left out of the tkc rom. For su etc you need to find a feed. There are a few out there still. Try looking on Community links on the forum menu bar: you might also look at ELSI on that menu. You can also look at the ipks on the ZUG cacko feed. Look at the options on the left hand side of the ZUG main page or follow this link: ZUG feed.

I hope that helps.

I'd recommend sticking with the rom you have flashed. I'd particularly recommend reading the thread it came from about 'Home on SD'. Very useful mod.

Have fun!