Author Topic: ANYONE who has a current link to the Original Sharp OEM ROM In English  (Read 7421 times)

Mike Davis

• View Profile
Hi and thanks for the website here.  I'm hoping to use my SL-6000L, but I can't find the original ROM from Sharp.
I do have the Guylhem installed, but it's not working to sync to my desktop computer.
Can ANYONE point me to the correct location for the original Sharp ROM file, or a SYST0006.DBK file that
will work to restore my device?
I really appreciate any help I can receive from members here.
Mike Davis

Mike Davis

• View Profile
ANYONE who has a current link to the Original Sharp OEM ROM In English
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »
Hello everyone!  I'm new to the forums, but been lurking for years.  I appreciate all the help and experience shared by members here.

My problem with my SL-6000L is that the ROM is Kathrin, or something like that.  It doesn't sync and I can't install
programs on the device.  Not sure how the ROM got there, but I am looking for ANYONE who has a current link
to the Original Sharp OEM ROM In English.

I have searched the web, and to no avail.  I don't really want to flash the Japanese version from Sharp's Japan website.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  If there is no OEM ROM available, what ROM version works and syncs?

Thanks so much!

Mike

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:35:19 pm »
the best I can do is here:
http://www.zaurus.org.uk/download/6000/guylhem/

at the moment, I'll have a dig for more sl6000 files
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:46:35 pm »
OK, I just copied up a load of new files.

some years ago my brother, with whom I shared web hosting costs, decided to choose a new web hoster and I was away when he did it in a hurry. He cancelled the old one before I had a chance to copy over all the files to the new host.

I now have zaurus.org.uk on a free Amazon aws instance so it's fully under my control
http://aws.amazon.com/free/
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Mike Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 06:04:53 pm »
Quote from: speculatrix
OK, I just copied up a load of new files.

some years ago my brother, with whom I shared web hosting costs, decided to choose a new web hoster and I was away when he did it in a hurry. He cancelled the old one before I had a chance to copy over all the files to the new host.

I now have zaurus.org.uk on a free Amazon aws instance so it's fully under my control
http://aws.amazon.com/free/

Thanks so much for the update...I did have Guylhem installed before Kathrin, but that would not sync either.
There were programs missing, and other stuff added that I could not get the device to work properly.
Anyway, I am just trying to get back to the usable stock ROM which would sync properly.  I appreciate you looking into your old files.  I'm not in a hurry,
so please take your time.

I am downloading the ROMs you added, and I will give them a try.  I hope they work!

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:07:32 pm by Mike Davis »

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:08:29 pm »
there's a few system backups there. I can't test them out as my SL6000s are broken (I had one where I damaged a RAM chip, the other was one I bought for salvage).

miskinis

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 03:20:06 am »
YAY!  I am not the only remaining Zaurus 6000 lover!  (and daily user)

OK, WIFI and skype these days, am I dreaming?  It seems the open source skype
client never went anywhere according to my research.

I also must say that I have only been a *USER* of the 6000 lately, but have
been thinking about writing some custom software, but thinking about a
simple approach, using just the stock JAVA, as I use the stock ROM now.

(Which I use due to perfect power management, no glitches, or surprises, etc.
in the field.  

ANYWAY IT WAS SO COOL TO SEE A RECENT 6000 POST I JUST HAD TO POST SOMETHING!

(BTW, I can be reached at miskinis@hotmail.com , and I have a lot of ROMS and
software from various points for the 6000.  The problem is, they are on CDROMS that
got "all messed up and disorganized", and must be sorted, someday.

ANYWAY, thanks for any info on skype for 6000, and long live the SL-6000!  

_John
_John Miskinis_

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 05:48:05 am »
Quote from: miskinis
(BTW, I can be reached at miskinis(at)hotmail.com , and I have a lot of ROMS and
software from various points for the 6000.  The problem is, they are on CDROMS that

_John

I am happy to accept contributions to my 6000 archive of files; if you want to put them in dropbox, or box.com, or google drive as a zip, I can upload and unpack them on my web server.

PM me a share link or something.

Mike Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 11:53:48 am »
Quote from: speculatrix
Quote from: miskinis
(BTW, I can be reached at miskinis(at)hotmail.com , and I have a lot of ROMS and

_John

I am happy to accept contributions to my 6000 archive of files; if you want to put them in dropbox, or box.com, or google drive as a zip, I can upload and unpack them on my web server.

PM me a share link or something.

Thanks speculatrix for the link.  I did snag a ROM from the site, and at least now my Zaurus is usable.  I still have some hope to begin using it again with sync.

As far as software, I do have the original OEM CD-ROM files that are about 94 mb in total size for the SL-6000.  You can email me the link if you want me to ftp or upload them somewhere.  That's about all I can return to the collective here.

Mike