Author Topic: Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)  (Read 34898 times)

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Shipping email (I got my Gemini PDA)
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2018, 09:40:05 am »
It seems that the first batch produced after the Chinese New Year will be of 150 units with almost all of them having an UK keyboard. These units were among the 1000 units promised to be shipped before CNY, but which the factory did not manage to manufacture in time. It has been announced that these units will also have the x25 CPU, so I guess that their PCBs have been produced together with the other 850 ones.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

Lyall Pearce

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 04:06:58 am »
Order # 59.
Arrived in Australia, March 13 (unlucky for some).
All in pack
No serious issues, things like the leather pouch is too tight, keyboard was misconfigured but usable.
Otherwise, works as advertised.
...Lyall

Mike D.

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34:01 am »
How do you like it for heavy-duty writing?

—Mike

Quote from: Charlie Stross
* Waves *

I have order number 46, from February 27th last year.

Because reasons (business-related) I just now ordered a second Gemini 4G to get in ahead of the price rise on Friday. That one is order number 6455, so it's definitely not going to be part of the first batch.

(I assume order numbers are sequential and include non-Gemini accessory items. Compared to the sort of manufacturing volume we expect from, say, Apple when a new iPhone comes out, this is frighteningly artisanal in scale ...!)

Steve Goodey

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 06:32:43 am »
Quote from: Lyall Pearce
Order # 59.
Arrived in Australia, March 13 (unlucky for some).
All in pack
No serious issues, things like the leather pouch is too tight, keyboard was misconfigured but usable.
Otherwise, works as advertised.

The leather pouch will give. Mine's OK now.

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2018, 09:47:20 am »
An update on the second batch from Robin, on Indiegogo:

"We recently got 1300 units but only UK and US keyboards. Then a further 70 odd with some other keyboard layouts but mostly German. Rest will come as part of mid May delivery now."

Varti
and many other Zauruses!

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:52 am »
Just got an email from DHL that my Gemini has been picked up in Hong Kong and is on its way to me here in USA.

Tracking says it will be here tomorrow!!!

Weird thing is order checker says my unit should be shipped mid-May and in my order details page on IndieGoGo it says 'order placed'......

Go figure......not that I'm complaining that I should have my lil' Gemini tomorrow....

Mark
Order 4276
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2018, 01:05:48 pm »
Congrats ArchiMark! About that "order placed", well we could say that's technically correct, your order has indeed been placed

Varti
and many other Zauruses!

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2018, 01:09:35 pm »
Quote from: Varti
Congrats ArchiMark! About that "order placed", well we could say that's technically correct, your order has indeed been placed

Varti

Thank you, Varti!

Yes, that's true....just thought it was funny that I will likely have my Gemini before Planet gets around to changing status to 'Order Locked'....

But as long as I get my lil' Gemini tomorrow, I will be happy....

Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

depscribe

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »
Quote from: ArchiMark
Just got an email from DHL that my Gemini has been picked up in Hong Kong and is on its way to me here in USA.

Weird thing is order checker says my unit should be shipped mid-May and in my order details page on IndieGoGo it says 'order placed'......

Go figure......not that I'm complaining that I should have my lil' Gemini tomorrow....

Mark
Order 4276

Yup, I got note from Robin. #3968 w/connectivity stuff. Haven't checked DHL tracker. 4G, US.

[Update] Checked DHL. Says was picked up in Hong Kong and will be delivered on Friday. But weirdly it also says "Shipment on hold." No idea what to make of that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:02:44 pm by depscribe »
dep

Atari Portfolio (yes, it still works and yes, I bought it new)
Libretto 110 CT (with docking station and all kinds of PCMCIA stuff)
And, now, a Gemini and, fortunately, a GPD Pocket

Grench

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »
Quote from: depscribe

Mark
Order 4276

Yup, I got note from Robin. #3968 w/connectivity stuff. Haven't checked DHL tracker. 4G, US.

[Update] Checked DHL. Says was picked up in Hong Kong and will be delivered on Friday. But weirdly it also says "Shipment on hold." No idea what to make of that.

DHL says that as of 00:03 (3 minutes AM) Thursday, mine is in Hong Kong and "On Hold".

I would mark the shipping notices as 'good news' and not worry quite so much about the details.  We should be getting them inside of the next week - which for an Indiegogo crowdfunder is a win.

jornada720

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2018, 03:31:04 pm »
Quote from: Grench

Mark
Order 4276

DHL says that as of 00:03 (3 minutes AM) Thursday, mine is in Hong Kong and "On Hold".

I would mark the shipping notices as 'good news' and not worry quite so much about the details.  We should be getting them inside of the next week - which for an Indiegogo crowdfunder is a win.

I got mine today and am typing this message on it.  I never got any notice via Indiegogo either but I did get one via DHL. I am in the United States, order between 2600 and 2900.

Don H

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2018, 04:48:12 am »
Quote from: jornada720
Quote from: Grench

Mark
Order 4276

I got mine today and am typing this message on it.  I never got any notice via Indiegogo either but I did get one via DHL. I am in the United States, order between 2600 and 2900.

Mine showed up yesterday, but I am out of country until this weekend!  Just my luck...

I got the note from DHL, then a note from Robin as well...cannot wait to start playing with it.  Already have a SIM card ready to go....

speculatrix

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2018, 06:11:06 am »
I'm in the UK and I've not received any kind of shipping notification.

ah, according to the checker

Code: [Select]
If you selected a US or UK keyboard layout AND your Order ID is 1-4500, your unit will ship out before mid May.
If you did not select a US or UK keyboard layout OR your Order ID is over 4500, your unit will ship end of May.

my order is over 4600 so looks like I've another three weeks wait ;-(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 06:13:41 am by speculatrix »
Gemini 4G/Wi-Fi owner, formerly zaurus C3100 and 860 owner; also owner of an HTC Doubleshot, a Zaurus-like phone.

Isaac

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2018, 08:58:28 am »
In the US, expecting to receive shipment of my Gemini units today via UPS and possibly DHL (UPS may be a local subcontractor for DHL here, unsure). First got shipment notification on May 2nd this week, so delivery time is great if it holds. Super excited!

Alius

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2018, 03:31:58 pm »
I am also in the U.S. and received my Gemini (and all-in upgrade pack goodies) this afternoon.  Thank you to zoglesby on IRC for letting me know I would need to sign for it with DHL.  Being a good boy now and charging to full (came at 47%) before first use like the quick start guide told me to.  Will see how drained it gets by bedtime