Author Topic: Putty or other SSH client  (Read 2774 times)

zevv

• View Profile
Putty or other SSH client
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:40:16 am »
Did anyone maybe test if putty or any other SSH client behaves well on the Gemini and its keyboard?

Da_Blitz

• View Profile
    • http://www.pocketnix.org
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:26:15 am »
Quote from: zevv
Did anyone maybe test if putty or any other SSH client behaves well on the Gemini and its keyboard?

Just got mine about 8 hours ago and put about an hour into the keyboard. Once i screwed around with the keyboard settings so i could actually type "@" it was a fairly good thumb experience, for the extra characters you can hit the planet + , key to bring up the stnadard google keyboard (or any other installed keyboard) and this defaults to special symbols

I have yet to do some coding on this and while i wont be at full speed (and do not expect to) it is infinetly more usable than the built in touch screen keyboards of other machines

the plnet bar includes a link for juicessh which i happened to have purchased recently due to how happy i was with it for humb typing
Personal Blog
Code
Twitter

Gemini Order: #95 (roughly)
Current Device: Samsung Chromebook Gen 3
Current Arm Devices Count: ~30
Looking to acquire: Cavium Thunder X2 Hardware

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 06:41:39 am »
I've used ConnectBot, which is available via the F-Droid repository, so you don't need a Google account to install it. I'm very happy with it.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

vader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 06:18:10 pm »
I installed termux from fdroid. From there do a: pkg install openssh and voila! I am waiting for sailfish to become available, but until then termux will do.

zevv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 11:23:21 am »
Quote from: joe
I've used ConnectBot, which is available via the F-Droid repository, so you don't need a Google account to install it. I'm very happy with it.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Thanks for the screenshot, looks good! Too bad the icons on the right don't move out on full screen, but I can live with that until Sailfish is available.

LittleHouse75

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 07:44:54 pm »
Yep, I've been doing SSH (well, technically MOSH) through both Termux and JuiceSSH.  Both great options.