Author Topic: Installing an APK with permissions - how?  (Read 1167 times)

Eldkatten

• View Profile
Installing an APK with permissions - how?
« on: June 05, 2018, 12:29:01 pm »
Hello,

today I received my Gemini, and so far I'm fine with it and over the first obstacles. I'm trying to install some apps which I use on other Android devices, but there's a problem. I use "MyPhoneExplorer", which connects fine with the Gemini, and then use the "Install App" feature. Basically this is done by uploading the Apk-File and starting the installation.
So, with apps without any permissions this works fine (having set the "install apps from unknown sources"-feature). But when the app wants to have some permissions, I get the "Do you want to install this App?" screen with the permissions listed, but only the "Cancel"-button is active, the "Install"-button is grayed out. So I can't install any apps which need permissions.

My other Android devices are versions 4 or 5, so maybe it has to do with the Android version on the Gemini?

I can't and don't want to go through the "Playstore", I haven't set up my Google account on the Gemini yet, and I think some apps I want are not available in the "Playstore". So that is not an option.

How then do I install apps from an Apk-file which need permissions?

Kind regards

joepirello

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 08:52:30 pm »
Did you try scrolling to the bottom of the permission dialog?

Eldkatten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 02:23:13 am »
Hello joepirello

Quote from: joepirello
Did you try scrolling to the bottom of the permission dialog?
Yes, I was quite sure I did, but I just tried again: scrolling in any direction (the dialog doesn't move, though) doesn't help, the "install"-button is still gray and nonfunctional, leaving "Cancel" as the only option.

Thank you, though, for the hint.