Author Topic: CAPS lock turning on automatically  (Read 2080 times)

smapmap

• View Profile
CAPS lock turning on automatically
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:50:03 am »
Has anyone started to have an issue recently with CAPS lock turning on automatically,sometimes after a screen closure? It started happenign occassionally on my device.

I'l check my keys to make sure it's not somehow pressing Fn and Tab and activating it, but wonderedif anyone had seen this post firmware update?

thanks
Michael

joepirello

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 10:25:31 am »
I had it happen for the first time yesterday. I rebooted the Gemini to fix it, hasn't happened again since then.

shinkamui

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:16:23 pm »
Alt+tab also triggers capslock for some reason.  could be related to those keys being pressed when the screen is closed.  hopefully that gets addressed, whatever the cause.

smapmap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 06:32:24 am »
Quote from: shinkamui
Alt+tab also triggers capslock for some reason.  could be related to those keys being pressed when the screen is closed.  hopefully that gets addressed, whatever the cause.

I'll strip the keyboard back and re-seat them just in case it's the screen closing is causing it.

Murple2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 07:39:50 am »
Quote from: smapmap

I'll strip the keyboard back and re-seat them just in case it's the screen closing is causing it.
It may be related to key ghosting as has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, however for me it happens after I've used certain apps e.g. dosbox. A reboot makes the behaviour go away for a while.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:40:26 am by Murple2 »

smapmap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 03:46:38 pm »
Quote from: Murple2
Quote from: smapmap

It may be related to key ghosting as has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, however for me it happens after I've used certain apps e.g. dosbox. A reboot makes the behaviour go away for a while.

I think this is a new bug in the latest firmware - seems to happen more when Google assistant comes up.

joepirello

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 04:37:34 am »
Had caps lock stuck again this morning. Seems to happen when opening the Gemini from a closed/sleep state. Haven't figured out what causes it yet.

Reboot is the only thing that fixes it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 04:37:57 am by joepirello »

smapmap

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 04:23:42 am »
Quote from: joepirello
Had caps lock stuck again this morning. Seems to happen when opening the Gemini from a closed/sleep state. Haven't figured out what causes it yet.

Reboot is the only thing that fixes it.

Yeah seems to be when it's been inactive for a while. Sometimes I notice google assistant is on when I open the screen with the letter 'z' in the search box. It's bizarre.